NCL Dawn 6/10/11 Post drydock construction??

nausetms

I've been reading the posts about the Dawn going into drydock in May and others that suggest that other NCL ships that have been refurbished had construction going on during cruises. Does anyone know what's happening? Or has anyone had experience with onboard construction. My travel partner is now concerned about dust, noise, and other disruptions and is suggeseting that we should cancel. Our current cabin is midships starboard side deck 9. I've a call in to the TA.

I've been reading the posts about the Dawn going into drydock in May and others that suggest that other NCL ships that have been refurbished had construction going on during cruises. Does anyone know what's happening? Or has anyone had experience with onboard construction. My travel partner is now concerned about dust, noise, and other disruptions and is suggeseting that we should cancel. Our current cabin is midships starboard side deck 9. I've a call in to the TA.

When the Star received the same reno in early 2010 that the Dawn is scheduled for now, work went on at sea for about 3.5 months after she came out of dry dock. There were quite a few comments about noise, dust and the cabins that were closed off while this was going on. I'm sure that, if you use the search feature, and look for "Star Drydock" or something similar, you should be able to find quite a bit of information.

This one being one example:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1157471&highlight=star+drydock

I love the Dawn, but I don't think I'd book a cruise on her until the fall....They allow so little time for a dry dock for renovations that I believe will nowhere be completed by the time they sail again...

Just my opinion but I'd stay clear this summer. Just my humble opinion.

I love the Dawn, but I don't think I'd book a cruise on her until the fall....They allow so little time for a dry dock for renovations that I believe will nowhere be completed by the time they sail again...

Just my opinion but I'd stay clear this summer. Just my humble opinion.

That was my thinking but now I'm wondering if I want to jump on her one more time before all the extra passengers are there. I'm figuring if the forward hot tub (or DH is) is available it won't be so bad.

That was my thinking but now I'm wondering if I want to jump on her one more time before all the extra passengers are there. I'm figuring if the forward hot tub (or DH is) is available it won't be so bad.

I wonder how many extra passengers it will be?? They are adding suites but I don't know how many...does anyone else know? :confused:

One of the main reasons for Star taking an extra 3.5 months was because when they moved Spinnaker to "aft" they didn't install the sounding proofing properlly and had to redo and then they had the pipe burst in the Spinnaker which spewed quite a bit of water so they had a lot of water damge then they continued tampering with the sound proofing and still don't have it right as there are still complains coming with regards to the noise from Spinnaker to surrounding cabins.

One of the main reasons for Star taking an extra 3.5 months was because when they moved Spinnaker to "aft" they didn't install the sounding proofing properlly and had to redo and then they had the pipe burst in the Spinnaker which spewed quite a bit of water so they had a lot of water damge then they continued tampering with the sound proofing and still don't have it right as there are still complains coming with regards to the noise from Spinnaker to surrounding cabins.

That is part of it, but the new suites on Deck 12 did not open til the end of June/first of July, and she came out of drydock like early March. They were working on getting them installed and fitted out that entire time.

Archived