A couple more Goff's Caye Questions

bagelmom6

I'm considering the Goff's Caye excursion through Carnival and I have a couple of questions about it.

I see that the boat picks you up right from the ship. At the end of the excursion, does it return you to the ship or does it take you to the tourist village?

I noticed a disclaimer under the excursion description that said in the case of inclement weather, an alternate snorkel site will be used. Does that mean that you won't go to Goff's Caye at all? My main reason for considering that excursion is the beach. I'd hate to get there and find out that they're going to an alternate site and just offering snorkeling from the boat without stopping at a beach.

Thanks.

If you're going to Goffs Caye for a "beach" you better keep looking....It is a little rocky caye, and not really a beach at all. You go there for the snorkeling and that's about it. I was impressed with the snorkeling, but the caye is nothing...Actually, there arent' really any beaches in Belize....but the snorkeling is just amazing anywhere. Ambergris offers some great snorkeling and my personal favorite was snorkeling shark Ray alley. Enjoy your cruise and the snorkeling.

I don't think Goff's Caye is rocky at all. I found the island to be a slice of heaven. It wasn't crowded, the beach was sandy and the water beautiful. I've attached some photos of Goff's Caye so you can see for yourself.

We used ecotoursbelize dot com booked on the pier for $40 adults, $32 kids (10 and under). We left at 9:30 and returned around 2:00. It was our favorite day of our cruise and plan on doing it again next spring.

DSCF0269.jpg.1c77e649ea20b9c07c4bb56a69f3b7f6.jpg

DSCF0291.jpg.a4dfb645c198f139c5d06678d75fdfd4.jpg

DSCF0276.jpg.d64bbaadedcc83e1fca7ab5d08e730df.jpg

DSCF0299.jpg.e720888553046641623c6d0fc6360e7e.jpg

We enjoyed snorkeling at Goff's Caye. The caye is probably 1/2 the size of a football field (if that) and has a wooden dock, a hut and a few palm trees. They picked us up at the ship, then we traveled about 40 minutes to get to the site. They dropped us off to snorkel, the boat stayed around for a little while, then docked at the Caye. My son was only 5 years old when we went, so he was nervous about jumping off the boat to snorkel. So he stayed with my wife on the boat and went to the island. I snorkelled with my daughter and older son, and once I swam back to the island, I took my younger son snorkelling off the cay in about 5 foot of water. Even in a few feet of water, we saw alot of fish and sea life. Snorkeling was very good. We saw tons of fish including a barracuda. The caye was beautiful. Walking onto the shore, there were rocks in the shallow water, but I remember beautiful white sand on the island. I thought it was cool being on a small island in the middle of the caribbean. On the island, there was a woman braiding hair in the hut, and someone was selling soft drinks. Once we were finished snorkeling and spending time on the island, we were taken back to the ship. There really wasn't much beach time. I think it's a little misleading to label this excursion as snorkeling and beach. We only spent time on the beach while all the people were finished snorkeling. No one really layed out in the beach. The time was mostly spent just waiting for everyone to finish snorkeling and to waste a little time until it was time to leave. It was still a great time. I would do it again.

Archived