Balcony Aft or Mini Suite on Jewel?

tata72

Hello, I am booking a cruise on the Jewel. I'm trying to decide between the Balcony aft (back of ship on deck 10) or a mini suite (mid ship deck 11).

Does anyone have any experience with either? Good or Bad?

If anyone has been in the aft room #10168, I'm wondering if there is any covering on the balcony and if people from above decks can see you?

Thanks so much for any help!

Hello, I am booking a cruise on the Jewel. I'm trying to decide between the Balcony aft (back of ship on deck 10) or a mini suite (mid ship deck 11).

Does anyone have any experience with either? Good or Bad?

If anyone has been in the aft room #10168, I'm wondering if there is any covering on the balcony and if people from above decks can see you?

Thanks so much for any help!

I've been in an AFT mini as well as Penthouse 10166 on the Jewel. The balcony of 10168 is very deep, and you can be only seen from above or next door if you are at the front of the balcony. The rest of the balcony is private. Here's a picture of the divider between 10166 & 10168. You can see that it is very deep, and covered up until the most forward segment. I think 10168 a great choice (I have the equivalent booked on the Dawn next month) and I would prefer it to a mini on the side.

2511476860044824703S500x500Q85.jpg

We have sailed in 10168 on the Jewel twice. The picture above shows it well. There was one lounge chair and two regular chairs and a small table on the balcony both times. We did get a couple of small pieces of food dropped on the edge of the balcony from the great outdoor cafe above. It wasn't a problem. I would book that cabin again before a mini suite.

@tata72 -

I have enclosed a shot from the Gem's Great Outdoors straight down.

What you see, beside my sandals, is the hand of a passenger on deck 11 and the area of the deck 10 balcony that is open to be seen. Hope this helps.

1136528830_Gemlookingdown.jpg.89a754638caaaf750a8b06f4c6efaea6.jpg

I'm booked in a Aft Mini Suite on the Jewel 11150.... Hope I made a good choice......

I've also sailed in that one. We had our two daughters with us that trip so the extra room in the mini suite was appreciated. That mini suite is layed out a little differently than the others. It's been a couple of years but I believe the bed is next to the balcony and there is no curtain between the bed and couch. The desk layout is different too. The balconies on deck 11 are not as deep as they are on deck 10. We like the cabins in the aft on deck 10 or 11. The view of the wake is great and they're very close to the Garden Cafe.

Thank you for the information and pictures. I booked rm 10168 on the Jewel and I'm very excited for my 1st aft experience.

You will love 10168...congratulations! We had that cabin for the first time last May and immediately booked it for our next cruise on May 1. The hallways are quiet...it's only passengers who are in those cabins who frequent those hallways:D...the balcony is awesome...you can actually fit 2 lounges on it, all you have to do is ask your steward to get another one for you and take 1 chair away...the view is spectacular...the sound of the ships wake is so relaxing...we sit with a glass of wine at night on our balcony (in our pj's) and listen to the entertainment in the Great Outdoors...and I sleep like a baby! The buffet is 2 decks up but everything else is quite a walk, but so worth the extra exercise! Have a great cruise!:D

• 5 months later...
I've been in an AFT mini as well as Penthouse 10166 on the Jewel. The balcony of 10168 is very deep, and you can be only seen from above or next door if you are at the front of the balcony. The rest of the balcony is private. Here's a picture of the divider between 10166 & 10168. You can see that it is very deep, and covered up until the most forward segment. I think 10168 a great choice (I have the equivalent booked on the Dawn next month) and I would prefer it to a mini on the side.

2511476860044824703S500x500Q85.jpg

@tata72 -

I have enclosed a shot from the Gem's Great Outdoors straight down.

What you see, beside my sandals, is the hand of a passenger on deck 11 and the area of the deck 10 balcony that is open to be seen. Hope this helps.

I just wanted to ask what the cleanliness of the room is like. Any bad cigarette burns/ carpet stains in the room? Also wondering same about the BA AFT next door 10668

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Just booked last night for our 2013 cruise, wondering if anyone has stayed there lately? PCC looked specifically for this Aft Mini Suite for us saying that it is one of the "preferred" aft minis by cruisers. Just wondering if anyone has pics or, comments re: 4 people in it. It will be us and our 2 DD's 15 & 12 at the time of sailing.

TIA, can't wait!:D

Edited by kg66

• 2 years later...

We have done 10th floor aft balcony on both Jewel and Gem, and they are some of the best cabins on the ship!! 10th floor has the largest balcony, mostly private, and beautiful views.

Wish I was there now

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app