Anyone recently sailed in a Deck 8 Aft Penthouse on the Star?

a_cruise_fan

We have booked an Alaska cruise on the Star later this year and decided to treat ourselves to an aft Penthouse on Deck 8.

Since booking, I have been reading everything I can about the ship (should have done some more research before booking!) and have seen some bad comments about late night noise in these cabins from the Spinnaker lounge below. However, they seem to be from immediately after the Spinnaker was moved and talk about a known problem with the sound proofing that NCL was planning to fix.

I've searched and can't find anything recent, so I'm hoping that means the problem has now gone away.

Has anyone stayed in any of these cabins recently? And if so, is the noise still really bad?

Thanks for any advice you can give. We are after final payment date so changing cabins isn't an option, but we are starting to get worried!

I would also like to know this, as I just booked a Christmas Cruise in an aft balcony on deck 8. I even asked our travel consultant at NCL and he said all that was below was the shops and only cabins above. He must have been looking at an old deck plan. I now see that there is a club below us, and I'm wondering about the noise?????? I really wanted an aft cabin, and now it looks like they are all booked and we are worried about the noise from below???? Anyone been on the star lately in the aft of deck 8, please help us with an answer?

I would also like to know this, as I just booked a Christmas Cruise in an aft balcony on deck 8. I even asked our travel consultant at NCL and he said all that was below was the shops and only cabins above. He must have been looking at an old deck plan. I now see that there is a club below us, and I'm wondering about the noise?????? I really wanted an aft cabin, and now it looks like they are all booked and we are worried about the noise from below???? Anyone been on the star lately in the aft of deck 8, please help us with an answer?

Here's a couple threads on the subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1324630&highlight=star+aft+penthouse

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1321206&highlight=star+aft+penthouse

Archived