Dawn Florida/Bahama Excursions

mousy102299

I'm going on the Dawn Florida/Bahama cruise on May 1st. I would like some input from those who have gone on this cruise on which excursions are really good and which ones aren't worth the time and money. I would especially like to hear some opinions on the best excursions to do while in Cape Canaveral - is it worth going to Disney on such limited time? What other non-theme park excursions in Cape Canaveral are really good? Thanks!

-Lauren :)

My daughter and I did Universal and there is plenty of time for one of the two parks. I would guess Disney ( since I have been there ) would be the same. Pick one and spend the day there, I recommend MGM unless you have very little ones. That was my favorite, but I am a movie fanatic. You must not miss the Tower of Terror, really just a kid at heart. My sister is on now and she planned to do the space center. If that intrigues you, many on our sailing said they enjoyed it.

Bon Voyage

In Miami, try the Everglades Airboat Ride. It was alot of fun. There are plenty of aligators in the everglades and they put on a little animal show after the ride.

We also liked the Miami City Tour. It really took you to alot of places such as South Beach, Coconut Grove and Little Havana.

If you have kids they might enjoy the Zoo in the Bahamas. They have the only trained flamingos in the world. The show they put on is very different.

Whatever you do I am sure you are going to love the Dawn.

Enjoy!

Jeanne

• 2 weeks later...

I want to do the Everglades tour but don't want to go back to the ship. Will the bus drop you off in South Beach so we can hang on the sand, catch some rays and so some sightseeing. I guess I can take a cab back.

We sailed on the Dawn last year around this time... my opinion on Disney... don't go... go to Islands of Adventure, or Universal if you want to do a park.

When we went last year, the weather was iffy... and everyone and their brother was there... which made it hard to get on the rides...

Disney is great... and we had a lot of fun... but, I can't help but think that we would have gotten more out of one of the other parks...

My philosophy.. you can't do Disney in a day....

just my .02

Mousy....

I too am going on the May 1st sailing. Our best friends will be joining me and my husband for our 20th wedding anniversary. So far we haven't picked an excursion in Port Canaveral but the men are golfing in Miami and my girlfriend and I are planning on the Ocean Drive on the Rocks! You should join our Roll Call on this site!

mousy,

do you have kids or is it just adults in your group? It's hard to make excursion recommendations without knowing who you will be catering to. And as Jill said, we have a large roll call going on the NCL roll call page. We are planning a meet and greet our first day at sea. Come over and join us, if you like.

When we did the Everglades tour in 2003 they made a stop at the shopping center near the pier (I forget the name) and you could get off there. It wasn't near South Beach though. I guess you could make transportation arrangements there.

Archived