Rental Car from Tampa to Port Everglades

AJPitches

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has ever rented a car in Tampa and returned it near Port Everglades. I have been researching rates, best I have found is to rent from TPA (where we are flying in to) and returning at Quay through Budget, with a discount code found on another thread. Anyone have any experience with this? Just looking for a smooth transition once we get to Ft. Lauderdale. Does Budget have a shuttle to and from the port to the Quay location? We may rent from them again to go back to TPA.

I appreciate the help!

ps: I know that TPA is quite a drive from the port, we will be visiting family pre and post cruise.

Yes Budget has a shuttle from the Quay location. It's also quite close to the port so a cab wouldn't be very expensive at all either if their is any kind of wait for the shuttle. Alamo/National have a free shuttle from their FLL airport location. Many people report it easier to take a cab to any of the nearby port rental locations after a cruise as the shuttles are usually quite busy and you can spend quite a bit of time waiting.

Enterprise, Hertz and Thrifty also have locations just outside the port entrance on State Rd 84 (SE 24th St). I can't say for sure about free shuttles from any of these, but again, it's so close (right outside the gate in Thrifty's case), cab fare is cheap.

Archived