Just back from 2/12 - 2/19 Sapphire

Dena

if the MDR was turning away passangers on the first day for lunch? There's been a lot of talk about that happening on the Sapphire. :confused:

We were able to eat lunch in the MDR on boarding day on the Sapphire in the International Dining Room. I took the printed info. with me and presented it to the head person at the door..and we were a party of 6. There were others in the dining room...did not speak with them so do not know if they were in-transit passengers or like us new on board. Great lunch..in a calm venue!!!

Good Luck!!!

sorry, thought you were on the sapphire Hawaii . We will be doing the Hawaii run on the Sapphire next week.:D

We are following you by a month. Would you please post your update and share all the wonderful details. I'm interested in everything you can share!

We were turned away at the MDR, but we showed up at 1:55. They claimed that the MDR was not open on departure day -- not that it was too late to be served. When I pointed out that I had read that the MDR was indeed open on departure day they then said that we were too late and that they had closed at 1:30. I didn't bring the letter.

We got pizza instead.

We were turned away at the MDR, but we showed up at 1:55. They claimed that the MDR was not open on departure day -- not that it was too late to be served. When I pointed out that I had read that the MDR was indeed open on departure day they then said that we were too late and that they had closed at 1:30. I didn't bring the letter.

We got pizza instead.

It's my understanding that the MDR is reserved for those who book the bon voyage experience and their friends who are booked on the cruise

It's my understanding that the MDR is reserved for those who book the bon voyage experience and their friends who are booked on the cruise

That's evidently the Sapphire's MDR's staff's understanding as well, however, according to the embarkation info and an official message sent to one of the CC members here who inquired, The MDR is supposed to be available for lunch to all passengers embarking. There was another thread about this (which includes the letter several folks have mentioned here), but unfortunately I don't have time to look it up for you right now.

Archived