Cash or Credit Card While in Ports?

PirateOne

Hi,

I booked my first cruise over the weekend. Doing a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas. Ports are Nassau, CocoCay, and Key West.

I really don't want to bring much cash with me while visiting Nassau and CocoCay. How many of the local places (shops, etc) in Nassau take credit credit cards? I just really want to take enough cash with me for taxis and the likes if possible.

Thanks!

Hi,

I booked my first cruise over the weekend. Doing a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas. Ports are Nassau, CocoCay, and Key West.

I really don't want to bring much cash with me while visiting Nassau and CocoCay. How many of the local places (shops, etc) in Nassau take credit credit cards? I just really want to take enough cash with me for taxis and the likes if possible.

Thanks!

You'll need cash for the straw market, street vendors, taxis', ferry, tips. Most of the shops take credit cards.

Be aware, most credit card companies charge 3% international transaction fees for purchases made outside the US. Some Amex card and Capital One card do not charge these fees.

You'll need cash for the straw market, street vendors, taxis', ferry, tips. Most of the shops take credit cards.

Be aware, most credit card companies charge 3% international transaction fees for purchases made outside the US. Some Amex card and Capital One card do not charge these fees.

Thanks for the transaction fee reminder.:) Been so busy planning trip I had forgotten about notifying CC company that I may be using CC while out of the US.

Archived