Carnival Imagination or Norweigen Sky to Bahamas

STAM

Planning a cruise to the Bahamas for March 2012. Both Carnival and NCL offer weekend trips. Price is comparable. This will be my companions first cruise and my second. The other cruise I took was with NCL and I was very happy. Looking for advice from people who have cruised with both lines, which is a better option for an adult weekend get away.

Thanks in advance!

Planning a cruise to the Bahamas for March 2012. Both Carnival and NCL offer weekend trips. Price is comparable. This will be my companions first cruise and my second. The other cruise I took was with NCL and I was very happy. Looking for advice from people who have cruised with both lines, which is a better option for an adult weekend get away.

Thanks in advance!

Have been on both lines to Nassau, see links to my reviews in my signature.

Both were fun. Just about everything on the Imagination was a little better than the SKY, but that didn't make the SKY bad what so ever.

The Imagination was a non-stop party, and it was hard to get away from it. The SKY wasn't as intense of a party, and you could find quiet spots. BUT that could be because the SKY was a 4 day cruise during the week, and the Imagination was 3 days over the weekend. The SKY could be a non stop party on it's 3 day cruise. Maybe someone else will weigh in on that.

I'd have no qualms going back on either ship. If I wanted to party and gamble, I'd prefer the Imagination. If I wanted to relax a bit, I'd prefer the SKY. And if only 1 of the 2 were available, I'd have a hell of a time on either.

We have not been on NCL. One of the reasons for this has bearing on your question, that being the difference in the dining arrangements, NCL's

Freestyle cruising, where you sit by yourselves each night, or perhaps with a small group if you request it, vs CCL's more structured, assigned seating. One of the things we look forward to on a trip, is the socialization one gets with sitting with a specific group of people each night, and getting to know them, comparing the day's activities, etc.

I've cruised on both lines. I don't know which ship you previously sailed ... but bear in mind that both the Sky (1999) and Imagination (1995) are older, and have few of the amenities that the newer ones do. It may not be all that important on a shorter trip ... but just a heads-up. Have a great time!

Al

We have not been on NCL. One of the reasons for this has bearing on your question, that being the difference in the dining arrangements, NCL's

Freestyle cruising, where you sit by yourselves each night, or perhaps with a small group if you request it, vs CCL's more structured, assigned seating. One of the things we look forward to on a trip, is the socialization one gets with sitting with a specific group of people each night, and getting to know them, comparing the day's activities, etc.

And if you're not interested in eating with others, Imagination offers "Anytime dining" so you can eat with whomever whenever you want.

Archived