Fort Lauderdale parking???

sirius802

Sailed on the NOS in Jan, parked at the Port. $15.00 per day for a total of $75.00 total. There are several places outside the port you can park for free, unfortunately your auto won't be there on your return. Seriously, you could check the web for long term parking websites for the FLL airport which can be had for about $7.00 per day. You would then need a cab to the port for about $15.00 each way. So $30.00 for roundtrip cab plus $7.00 for 5 days would be $65.00, plus tip. ummm $75.00 for the parking garage at the port may not be so bad!! Or you could book a hotel for about $120.00 per night and take there shuttle to the ship and leave you auto in their parking lot, but that will cost the $120.00, plus FLL hotel tax of 10% for a total of $132.00 plus 10 to 12 bucks for the Mc Donalds dinner the night before... so now we are at close to $150.00 for the night. Darn, the Port parking fee ain't so bad after all.. JMHO... YMMV

Last month when we were on the Allure, we parked at Terminal 18. It was $15 per day I think, I cannot remember for sure.

Next month we're going on another cruise out of Port Everglades, and are going to try Park'N'Go on Eller Dr. as they are significantly cheaper. They are located right outside of the port entrance, and they have shuttles 24/7. We have not tried it yet, but we have talked to others that have vouched for the place. I would be interested in anyone's opinion of the place.

It's normally $12 per day at Park'N'Go, but if you reserve on the internet, it's $6.99 per day. But they don't always offer this rate, which is why we parked at the terminal last time.

Another thing we checked into from other passengers is "Cruise Connection of Florida", which is a charter bus outfit that has service to something like 20 different cities in Florida. We are not from Florida, but checked into it anyway as it might be an attractive option. Unfortunately they do not have a parking lot at their pickup locations. Our son lives in Lake Mary, FL and we could take the bus from there, but his apartment complex won't let me park our car there either.

But if you can use it, Cruise Connection charges about $80 per person give-or-take, depending on what city you depart from. It includes round trip transportation to the terminal.

One thing about the hotels is that although a few will let you park there and will drop you off at the terminal, I could not find any hotels that would offer to pick you up. So you would have to take a taxi back to the hotel. In contrast, the hotels in Port Canaveral that have a cruise and park package offer round trip transportation.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1353668

After reading this thread and browsing the website I reserved with them for my April cruise. Seemed to be positive reviews and I like the fact the shuttle is right there and doesn't wait to fill up to leave. Hopefully it's a good experience. Take care, Jim

Archived