Kennedy Space Center, do you rent a car?

kkosully

My family and I will be arriving in Port Canaveral in April and want to go to the Kennedy Space Center. Is it better to book through the cruise line and spend what seems to be 8 hours there or should we rent a car and come and go as we like.

There are 4 of us so the difference in the cost is about the same. Curious what others may suggest.

I may be the exception to the rule since I steadfastly refuse to book any excursions through RCI, but I'd definitely rent a car. Way more flexibility to do YOUR thing at YOUR pace.

You didn't say, but are you planning this KSC trip after debarkation? Flying out of OAI?

Andy

The should you definitely rent a car, easy to do near Port Canaveral and the rental places, like Budget, run shuttles to the ships if you are renting a vehicle. Also, having a car will give you the freedom to explore other attractions if you finish early at the Kennedy Space Center.

We tried to book through RCI on our first cruise and they didn't have enough people to fill the excursion so we ended up renting a car and going on our own. We did that two years in a row and it worked out great. The first year we did the bus tour at the Space Center and the 2nd year we did the shuttle ride and the movies and such. We had a great time.

Archived