guaranteed cabin ??

bhopp

:confused: I am sailing 4/8/2005 on Triumpth with close to 30 friends.

Most of which booked before i did and all got on the Panaroma deck

inside room for low price.

When i booked they (pvp) said i could only get same price for a guaranteed inside cabin and i would be told which level when i got to the ship. He said he would put a note with my booking that i am sail with a big party and that they would try to put me with the group on the panaroma deck.

I could book a room on the the same deck at a much higher price though.

I would like to be with my friends but do not want to pay a few hundred more dollars, has anyone had any luck with guaranteed cabins ?

Also is it cheaper to upgrade room catergory at the ship?

Thanks in advance !

They really will try.

I don't think you're allowed to upgrade at the ship anymore?

Even if you're not on the same deck, you'll probably be hanging out in the public areas, and there are phones, so you won't be missing out, don't worry. I wouldn't pay more. With the two groups I've been with, we usually just call and say where to meet anyways, even though one group we were all next door to each other!

Denise

Unfortunately, as was explained to you by the PVP, there's no way to tell exactly where you will be on the ship when you book guarantee status.:o Hopefully, she has "linked" you to the others in the group, so you will at least have the same dining assignment. You might want to call her back and stress that this is important to you.

If, for some reason you are not at the same dining assignment, you can check with the Maitre 'd after boarding and explain the situation. Check with your friends to see what assignment is shown on their S&S cards.

As far as upgrades when arriving for the cruise - There is usually a sign at the purser's desk saying "No cabins available"....but you can always ask, but there's no discount, and you'd be paying more.

Archived