Barcelona airport

cappy09

Flying into BCN in May and would like to purchase some wine before getting on the transfer bus to the port. Does anyone happen to know if there is a beverage store at the airport to purchase a bottle or two . Any help is going to be very appreciated since I once got wine on my clothes when it was in checked luggage for a flight home :(

Wait until you get to the port, there is a wine shop right there before you board the ship and just after you have checked in.

Awesome to know, thanks!!

Cappy - USAir is not known for their gentle baggage handling, you definitely do NOT want to fly from PHL with wine in your luggage. :)

We flew Philadelphia to BCN for a transatlantic cruise in Oct on the smallest most uncomfortable plane ever. At 5 feet tall (almost) there wasn't enought room between seats! Landed at 6 a.m. in Frankfort and had to climb down two flights of stairs in the middle of the pavement and was bused to the airport doors. Then after a "10 mile walk", had to go through immigration/customs etc before getting onto another flight to BCN. You don't want to be carrying a lot if this happens to you!

We flew Philadelphia to BCN for a transatlantic cruise in Oct on the smallest most uncomfortable plane ever. At 5 feet tall (almost) there wasn't enought room between seats! Landed at 6 a.m. in Frankfort and had to climb down two flights of stairs in the middle of the pavement and was bused to the airport doors. Then after a "10 mile walk", had to go through immigration/customs etc before getting onto another flight to BCN. You don't want to be carrying a lot if this happens to you!

Wow! What kind of plane was it?

The one Cappy & I are on in May is an Airbus 330-200, so it's set up with the 2-4-2 configuration. Hubby & I got one of the '2's' when we booked last year, so I know we'll be fairly comfortable (as fairly as you can be on a plane for 8 hours. :) )

I should have looked at the ticket. All I can find now is that it was flight USAir 700 out of Philadelphia at 4:15 on Oct. 23.

That's an Airbus A330-300, unless they changed it up for your flight. That's also a 2-4-2 and is generally a nicer plane than the A330-200 (every seat has power), except that there's limited space under the seats for the 2's.

That's a widebody jet, so I'm kind of surprised that you weren't at least moderately comfortable. That's terrible. :(

I flew the same plane to Dublin last spring, and it was relatively comfortable. I'm also about 5' tall, so standing up in an airplane has never been an issue for me. Hubby is 6'2", standing up doesn't happen unless he's in the aisle. :)

BTW - anyone who flies should always check out SeatGuru.com to see what the best seats are for your flights.

Archived