Chef's Table - Some Booking Advice

Nezmo

I used the advice to contact John via a reply to a recent blog. I did this on Friday and received confirmation for two at the Chefs table on Carnival Sensation for June 19th trip. I received an email from the Sr. Maitre from Carnival Sensation giving this confirmation Thanks to all who suggested this approach to obtaining a reservation and thanks to John.

Just got my confirmation back today! I posted a request thru Johns blog on thursday. I might have gotten a response back sooner then some because I sail in 13 days. The response I received came from the steakhouse on the liberty.

Puglady,

I am now at 20 weeks waiting for my confirmation for the Chef's Table on the Triumph. I've requested twice via John's Blog and Host Mach has been very, very kind to try and help out as well by taking my info and getting it to John directly twice as well.

The problem seems to be once the info gets to the Triumph. I've given up waiting for confirmation and have decided that if it is available when we board, then it was meant to be.

I loved the Chef's table experience on the Dream. It was fantastic and really wanted to repeat the experience on the Triumph.

If that list is correct, the Triumph maitre'd would be timaitred@carnival.com . I would try TRmaitred@carnival.com if the first one doesn't work.

The requests from the blog only go to the ships on Mondays and Fridays. I requested mine on a Wednesday and had an email from the Maitre'd on Friday.

I think with the sheer volume of stuff being posted to the blog, it's easy for them to miss some. If you haven't heard in about 10 days, I'd try emailing the steakhouse or in the Triumph's case, the Maitre'd.

Good luck! It's an awesome dinner.

Puglady,

I am now at 20 weeks waiting for my confirmation for the Chef's Table on the Triumph. I've requested twice via John's Blog and Host Mach has been very, very kind to try and help out as well by taking my info and getting it to John directly twice as well.

The problem seems to be once the info gets to the Triumph. I've given up waiting for confirmation and have decided that if it is available when we board, then it was meant to be.

I loved the Chef's table experience on the Dream. It was fantastic and really wanted to repeat the experience on the Triumph.

Sounds like you were in the same boat as me. I just wanted to give a quick update. I emailed the maitre d at timaitred@carnival.com Friday morning and got my confirmation from him yesterday. I'm so glad I came on here and found this info, because I really have been stressing about getting a seat. Try and email him directly and hopefully you'll get a response soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

Also, what is your itenerary for the Triumph? We are leaving June 11 and going to Key West, Freeport and Nassau. This is only my second cruise. My first was for our honeymoon, and this year we are celebrating our 10 year anniversary. You will have to let me know how it goes! Good luck!

Sounds like you were in the same boat as me. I just wanted to give a quick update. I emailed the maitre d at timaitred@carnival.com Friday morning and got my confirmation from him yesterday. I'm so glad I came on here and found this info, because I really have been stressing about getting a seat. Try and email him directly and hopefully you'll get a response soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

Also, what is your itenerary for the Triumph? We are leaving June 11 and going to Key West, Freeport and Nassau. This is only my second cruise. My first was for our honeymoon, and this year we are celebrating our 10 year anniversary. You will have to let me know how it goes! Good luck!

Pug Lady,

Well, I shot off an email, so we will see what happens. I sail the end of March. We are going to Progresso and Cozumel.

John Heald

a friend of mine contacted me and said that a lady on CC was desperate to book a Chefs table and I had not replied. this is the link he sent me

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1367129&highlight=pug+lady

As I am not a member of CC can someone post on this and tell her I am sorry I missed it and to please post the details again on my blog marked CHEFS TABLE and I promise it wil be done.

I would hope that since the Chef's Table only sits 12, that you would keep your reservation once you had been confirmed. You do not pay until you have eaten but on the Miracle it was only done for two nights and only 24 people total could attend it.

Since things often dont go as planned on a vacation - especially when your like us and cruising with children. If you had to cancel because the night didnt work, you didnt feel well etc. I would imagine they would have some sort of wait list for those wanting to do the Chef's Table and couldnt get a reservation.

I wouldnt feel obligated to keep a reservation that I ended up not wanting just because I was able to obtain it. - IMO

I posted to John's blog 7 weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything. I'm sailing on the Triumph and there is no steakhouse on board to email a request. So, I'm just going to give it a shot when I get on board. I hope I can get a reservation!

Pug Lady - info from John's facebook:

a friend of mine contacted me and said that a lady on CC was desperate to book a Chefs table and I had not replied. this is the link he sent me

As I am not a member of CC can someone post on this and tell her I am sorry I missed it and to please post the details again on my blog marked CHEFS TABLE and I promise it wil be done.

Another way to do this is to simply make a reservation for the Steakhouse for your cruise through Carnival.com. Once you get your confirmation e-mail from the ship, simply e-mail them back and ask for a Chef's Table reservation. You can then change or cancel the Steahouse reservation to work with the Chef's Table. On the Pride, ours ended up nack to back and I couldn't finish the Steakhouse meal. I'd book 4 days apart if you want to do both.

If you would like John to make your reservation it needs to be requested from the right place. Go to John healds blog page, click on Chefs Table and submit your request. Requests are normally filled within 48 hours - enjoy!

I have been all over his blog looking for link to Chef's table. There is a link for the steak house... I see nothing for the Chef's table?

I posted to John's blog 7 weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything. I'm sailing on the Triumph and there is no steakhouse on board to email a request. So, I'm just going to give it a shot when I get on board. I hope I can get a reservation!

Hi...John asked to have this posted to you...

"As I am not a member of CC can someone post on this and tell her I am sorry I missed it and to please post the details ...again on my blog marked CHEFS TABLE and I promise it wil be done."

He will be waiting for your reply...have a great cruise:)

I would hope that since the Chef's Table only sits 12, that you would keep your reservation once you had been confirmed. You do not pay until you have eaten but on the Miracle it was only done for two nights and only 24 people total could attend it.

As another person responded.... circumstances may change, as do plans~ especially when cruising with another couple :) I was not specifically referring to cancelling while on-board~ however, I am sure Carnival would have no problem filling the spot!

I apologize right now for starting another thread on the Chef's Table but as there are several threads floating around I wanted to make sure this was seen.

I know this can be booked via Heald's Blog and some have mentioned contacting the Steakhouse on board. I want to let folks know that I emailed the Liberty Steakhouse direct this morning (I had their address from SH bookings) and they responded in less than one hour. They also advised there are two Chef's Tables during the week. I am not clear if that's for my sailing only due to demand or whether it's every week.

Anyway, for those anxious because you are not seeing prompt replies to your bookings, perhaps try emailing the steakhouse.

For the Liberty, the address is listeakhouse@carnival.com. I assume the other ships follow the same naming conventions.

Good luck.

Thanks Nezmo and everyone else for the great advice! I emailed the Dream Steakhouse last night and got my confirmation this morning. Bless John's heart, he needs a personal assistant to take care of all the request that are sent to him.

Again folks, I know Mr Heald offers help via his blog and I know many people are very loyal to him and want him to handle things for them. My advice was simply if you were having delays via that route. He's just a middleman in this case anyway. As I stated, you can go direct to the steakhouse host and they seem to respond quickly.

From John Heald via Facebook

I tried vasteakhouse@carnival.com for my group of 12 as I'm not having any luck through John Heald's blog either.

It's silly that John Heald should have to do all that work when a simple web submission form could be put on the Carnival website relatively quickly & easily that would route each request to the proper ship's email address.

I tried vasteakhouse@carnival.com for my group of 12 as I'm not having any luck through John Heald's blog either.

It's silly that John Heald should have to do all that work when a simple web submission form could be put on the Carnival website relatively quickly & easily that would route each request to the proper ship's email address.

The quickest way to get in touch with John is to go to his facebook page and ask him directly.

http://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald#!/

There is no middleman here and John will respond within 24 hours, so I would try it this way. Maybe since you already have 12 people wanting to do the chef's table, maybe the chef will do a special day for just your group.

Hope this helps.

Archived