Disembarking Freedom of the Seas

sldcruiser

Our flight leaves Orlando at 2:25 and we'll be taking a shuttle to the airport after our cruise. I'm not sure what time to tell them to pick us up at the port. What is the latest time people usually get off the ship and if you're the last to debark, do they let you stay in your room a while or do you have to go to another area much earlier and wait for your number to be called? Thanks!

Our flight leaves Orlando at 2:25 and we'll be taking a shuttle to the airport after our cruise. I'm not sure what time to tell them to pick us up at the port. What is the latest time people usually get off the ship and if you're the last to debark, do they let you stay in your room a while or do you have to go to another area much earlier and wait for your number to be called? Thanks!

I think the latest time getting off the freedom, 20th of Feb, was 10:30, but they did run a bit behind. I would suggest you get off near 8am if you can. After going them customs and waiting for bags it will be close to 9 when you finally get out side. So aim for 9am pick up.

PLenty of time to get to MCO and your flight, don;t stress out by rushing yourself. They said you can stay in your room until 8 but they have public rooms availabe to wait. Some had Coffee.

I think they just need you out of your room by 8am or so. The public areas, especially the Promenade, is a good place to hang out before disembarking. However, I found the near empty Promenade very depressing once many have left the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the helpful responses. I'd debated about renting a car instead of taking the shuttle, but the price difference is more than I want to pay for the few hours we'll have to kill before our flight. I think we'll stay on the ship as long as possible. Every other cruise I've taken we've had early flights & had to be one of the first ones off. I think it'll be kind of nice to have a more relaxed morning, maybe even take some pictures of the ship to post here! :)

Archived