Carnival Triumph Past, Present, and Future!!!

Carol, That's a great link to the Tri. Can you give a link for the whole fleet, if no then the Liberty.:)

Thanks

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/fleet/liberty/liberty.htm

I love this link! I think all you have to do is substitute triumph/triumph for another Carnival ship (liberty/liberty). I was also interested in the Liberty as I'm booked for the Jan 24th Eastern Caribbean sailing. I tried substituting the name and it worked...

Kathy

Are they going to put the New Water works and such on the Triumph?? I thought that was only the Fantasy class ships...I'm asking because someone had mentioned that the Triumph was getting the waterworks and such...

What you have said is definitly true, Waterworks will only be on the Fantasy class ships. They have also added the Waterworks to Carnival Splendor and Carnival Dream.

Based on looking at deck plans, I think the Fantasy class ships are the only ships that have sufficient amount of space for the Waterworks park, which located on the Verandah Deck in the aft of the ship, where the Splendor/Dream will have the park mid-ship.

Waterworks is a lot of fun if you have kids coming with, they had things to do in the area for all ages. On Inspiration, my nephew was 1 and they had a little spray area that was perfect height for him. We will be on Sensation right before/after her drydock and addition of Waterworks!

What you have said is definitly true, Waterworks will only be on the Fantasy class ships. They have also added the Waterworks to Carnival Splendor and Carnival Dream.

Based on looking at deck plans, I think the Fantasy class ships are the only ships that have sufficient amount of space for the Waterworks park, which located on the Verandah Deck in the aft of the ship, where the Splendor/Dream will have the park mid-ship.

Waterworks is a lot of fun if you have kids coming with, they had things to do in the area for all ages. On Inspiration, my nephew was 1 and they had a little spray area that was perfect height for him. We will be on Sensation right before/after her drydock and addition of Waterworks!

That is a shame ...my daughter would have loved that

but she is going to be thrilled just the same ...

she has been throwing things in her suitcase both

yesterday and this morning ...

it is neat to see her excitement ...

and her thinking of what she thinks

that she will need

:)

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/fleet/liberty/liberty.htm

I love this link! I think all you have to do is substitute triumph/triumph for another Carnival ship (liberty/liberty). I was also interested in the Liberty as I'm booked for the Jan 24th Eastern Caribbean sailing. I tried substituting the name and it worked...

Kathy

you can just go to: https://www.bookccl.com/irman

and see the whole site. :)

Have fun!

• 2 months later...

Glad I found this thread although I do hope more people leave reviews soon. We are not new to cruising however this will be the first time we've cruised on the triumph and we're taking our little grandson with us for his first cruise so we're excited. We're booked in the aft wrap 6343.

I look forward to reading reviews of those you've recently cruised this ship!

Bumping this thread up - we are sailing on the Triumph in 20 short days :)

Does anyone know offhand if the ship actually docks portside when it comes into port? Just trying to decide if the balcony is the best vantage point for us, as we are port side, on the empress deck :)

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to update this

Me and my daughter sailed on the Triumph this past October

We had a great time !!

Embarkation was easy ... seemed very organized, and moved fast even though the first line was long.

Our spa cabin was a Blacony cabin after they had the drydock

it was super , to have our first balcony cabin:)

Our steward was magnificent !! We gave him an extra tip for being so super .

The staff was friendly and very efficient .

We went to several shows onboard , and they were all good. Can not say a negative comment about any of them. If you can get to the shows , I would highly recommend doing so .

The food was just as good as last years cruise on the Fantasy . I love eating in the dining room , so most of my meals were there , for breakfast , lunch and dinner . The waiters and wait staff were excellent .

We had Paris Upper main dining. I prefer to be seated on the bottom level however , because when we are seated above , you have to leave your table to see the waiters below with their dances after dinner. SO that was a bummer to be seated in the upper dining area. We did have a table at a window , and that was nice . We were able to spot dolphins jumping out of the water several times.

My daughter did the Camp carnival a few times , and she enjoyed it very much . There were quite a few kids onboard and she was able to make a few friends while there .

We had the Western Caribbean Itinerary, so our ports were Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios.

Ocho Rios we did the Dunn River Falls.

It is a long climb, and from the pics I had seen , I did not think it was going to be as huge as it is . I felt it was a hard climb for us

a few people hurt their ankles ,legs while doing it . YES they did !

I had bruises as well after doing so .

You have to pull the people behind you up ... and the chain does break when there is a weak link

The people at the falls do help you if the chain breaks

or if someone is struggling along.

We did buy the video of the climb , I believe they were asking $40 for the DVD, I told them we were short money , and we were able to get a copy for $20 . It is definately worth it though , because I enjoy watching myself struggle up the Falls ...LOL

I did the FALLS this one time , and I doubt I will ever do it again :o

I would rather find something less strenuous to fill my time.

We also went to Margaritaville at Ocho Rios . It was very nice . The entertainment is fun to watch . The food was Good and the drinks were excellent. My daughter loved swimming in the Pool there , and going down the slide.

The vendors were everywhere . People trying to get you to buy stuff along the road back to the ship. This is a sketchy area , and I would recommmend taking a cab back to the ship , instead of passing through this area . Seriously. Make sure of the cost for the ride back , and make sure you have exact change.:eek:

Grand Cayman was the Best port in the cruise this year for us . We did the stingray swim with Captain Marvin . We were able to take pics and do our own video taping . They did not have someone available to do this for us . The stingrays were fun and friendly. I will definately do this tour again if I get the chance.

The views along the way were so breath taking as well.

After wards we did some shopping on the way back to the ship.

Cozumel we did Mr Sanchos Beachclub with an all inclusive package through Carrie . The beach club was nice , beach , pool , clean bathrooms, good food . I had the shrimp ceviche . and My daughter had the coconut shrimp.

The drinks were good , but I think they could have been a little stronger.

Our waiter was excellent .

There were fish swimming in the water there , and my daughter did feed them , she really enjoyed that I think the most .

Back to the ship : I liked having the Seaside theatre onboard . They did show a lot of sports though .

The Hairy chest competition was a blast , I enjoyed watching that , as our competitors in it were definately show offs:Dand clowns

The Captains party was very nice and The past Guest party was fun ... they kept the drinks flowing for that one .

I dont have a single complaint about the cruise or the ship .

Big Thumbs up for CARNIVAL !!

I cant wait to cruise again

• 1 month later...
Thanks for putting up the Capers.I read through ALL of em. It took me a while too,lol!

you are so welcome. I know that when I was looking for Triumph Westerns , there was none to be found, so I figured that someone would appreciate them .

I still cant find my caper for the 21st , When we were in Jamaica

which was also my birthday ,

but I did get all the other one's up ;)

If I find it later , then I will also post it as well

Archived