Carnival Triumph Past, Present, and Future!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow -that seems like a long ways away but every year we plan farther and farther out!!

We did our first cruise on the Victory in December and loved it so here we go again!

We have one of the L shaped rooms - anyone know if they have a couch?

How was the piano bar? On the Victory that was the only bar that was ever busy most nights!

I sailed in the Triumph in April of 2003 and am sailing her again this April.

Obviously I liked it :)

Virginia Native - I also sailed on the Destiny and was part of that thread for while!

• 2 weeks later...
My family and I will be on the Triumph Jan. 7, 2006 to the Western Caribbean. Still a ways to go but I have learned vaulable information from this board. Keep it coming!!! As far as excursions, I have found some great information. . We are thinking of snorkeling in Grand Cayman (can anyone suggest someone to take a private tour through, I have looked in to Capt. Bryan, might go with him). Rebecca

We are sailing on the Triumph Dec 3 2005 on the Eastern Itinerary. We just did the western on the COnquest in February of this year and Captain Bryans Stingray tour was FANTASTIC! Javid and Robert were great and with only 22 people on board we had such great service and we were not anchored near the other 10-20 boats with people on them..it was the best day of my life:D

My gf and I are first time cruisers who will be on the Triumph April 2006 Western Iteniary. We are VERY EXCITED. I will be monitoring this thread closely since we want to do some tours and so on at the various ports.

So far I am getting that Peat Taylor is the tour of choice in Jamaica and Carlos & Charlie's is a can't miss in Cozumel. ;) I love this site :)

Keep the tips/advise coming.

Hi Virginia Native

Are you getting as excited as I am about your cruise to the Bahamas?? Checked today's date and we have exactly 2 months to go--actually 61 days--I can't wait--beginning to get my list of things together that I need to buy before I cruise--we have a beautiful spring day here in Heathsville, VA where I live--back outside to work in my garden.:)

emastri, if you have any questions about the suites, i would be glad to try to answer them...we stayed on the empress deck on the triumph in 2003 and again on the victory in 2004. The empress deck was a very quiet floor due to rooms above & below (no bars or restaurants). The suites have jacuzzi tubs (small, just for one person max) that are nice to relax in before bed. We (husband, myself, & 2 teenage boys) totally enjoyed both the Triumph & the Victory.

We're on the Triumph on May 21 doing the Eastern route. So far, we have the Coral World tour planned in St. Thomas and a catamaran snorkel cruise in St. Maarten. Sooo excited!

Yippee! Finally a fellow traveler! We'll be with you on May 21st, too!

I HAVE BEEN ON THS TRIUMPH BEFORE AND IM GOING AGAIN IN JUNE 2006.I HAVE BEEN PUTTING TOGETHER THIS GROUP AND WE ARE AT 13 CABIN AND HOPE TO GET MORE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED EMAIL ME. KENHOLTLAV@HOTMAIL.COM AND PUT CRUISE JUNE 2006 IN THE SUBJECT BOX. THE GROUP RATE WE HAVE ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KENHOLT

• 2 weeks later...
Leaving on the Triumph on April 30th for a seven day Western Caribbean cruise. Will be doing the Stingray City excursion in Grand Cayman with Nativeway, Dunns Falls in Ocho Rios with Phil Lafayette and still not sure about Cosumel. On my last cruise there in 2003, I did the Royal Dolphin Swim and may do it again. Will also probably spend some time at Paradise Beach. Only 55 days to go and I can't wait!

Not sure if you used Nativeway before but can't rave enough about them. Used them last week for the Island Tour & Stingray City. There were 11 of us from age 70 to 10. They were so frinedly & helpful. There were 20 of us total on the tour and we all felt we had individual attention. We had lots of time in the water and they were great about making sure each of us had a chance to hold, kiss & feed the stingrays. They even found a very small one for my 10 year old granddaughter who was afraid of the bigger ones.

Have a great time.

Norma

Hi Virginia Native

Just thought I would let you know that I found out my room number--booked an 8a balcony guartnee and ended up on the Panorama deck 10. Can't believe it. Hope this is a good location--not too much noise, traffic--either way I'm ready to go. 47 days and counting:)

Does anyone know if there is sushi available on the Triumph and if so, is it good? My DH really wants to know....

The answer I received from our PVP was that sushi is available every day at the Hong Kong Noodle Factory - I informed him that I had read many reviews stating that sushi was not available daily - only on sea days and only at lunch. I am sure during theme dinners/lunch it will be available on the Lido deck buffet.

I was hoping for aq sushi bar like we had on the Conquest - we went there EVERY night before dinner for an appetizer and a cocktail...yummy:p

My BF and I were on the Triumph last month and had a truly wonderful time!

Sushi --- Hong Kong Noodle Co ALWAYS had such a long line that i never waited through it, so can't answer this question.

Shore Excursions ---

we mountain biked and snorkeled in Cozumel. Nice guys and fun trip, but I was looking for more adventurous biking than was available.

Grand Cayman -- short stop, so didn't plan anything other than site seeing and souvenir shopping - - good thing too!! the seas were so choppy that day!

Ocho Rios -- we took a trip through carnival for kayaking and then Dunns River Falls. I wasn't too thrilled w/ this at all -- especially not for the price that we paid!! The kayaks were okay, the life vests looked like they had seen better days. They took us to "James Bond Beach" where we were ALL approached by natives selling their wares (and illegal substances). Then back in the kayaks to the falls. The guides to help up the falls were good, but I felt rushed -- couldnt' really hang out a bit and enjoy the view - always "lets go lets go". Oh-- and they provided a boat to put our stuff on and said that it would all stay dry -- WRONG!!! They soaked my backpack. Then on the way out, they led us through "the straw market" ... I couldnt' wait to get out of there ...

The ship ... is truly wonderful and i would go back in a heartbeat!! can't wait to cruise again!!

Sorry it took so long to add to this thread -- it was started the day I left port!! :)

Hi all!

Just off the Triumph Western sailing yesterday.

Had a GREAT cruise!! I will post a review soon. Several other CC Members on the cruise and I think that you will see reviews from them as well. We had some CC gatherings and a group scavenger hunt and it was all a lot of fun!

I have all the capers from the Western sailing. I will get them online when I can but I would be happy to answer any questions in the meantime.

Will say now that I used NativeWay in Grand Cayman and they were fabulous! They really extended themselves and took care of me when we had a "problem" and missed our originally scheduled time.

Am now sufferning from PCD and thinking about the next 2 cruises I need to start planning - 1 for the family for next year and 1 for me solo in the next few months :D

Feel free to ask questions!!

well, I changed our aft balcony yesterday to the corner aft on the EMpress deck - 7425. Has anyone on CC had this cabin before? Does anyone have any pictures of the room and/or balcony? I am doing this upgrade as a surprise for my DH to be (we are getting married in February) and although it did cost me quite a bit more for this cabin (enough that I could book another cruise) I think it may be worth it..to AT LEAST TRY THIS CABIN ONE TIME??

With the 3 sea-days, I know we will spend a significant amount of time out there...just dont want to end up HOOKED on this room as it will NOT be something I will want to do for all my future cruises... The extra cash will be used more wisely for drinks, souveniers and excursions......or to book another cruise....(ooops, dont let my DH to be hear me....;) )

How much bigger is this room? It looks much bigger than the regular cat 8 rooms..just wondering about the layout...... any help would be appreciated

Hi all!

Just off the Triumph Western sailing yesterday.

Had a GREAT cruise!! I will post a review soon. Several other CC Members on the cruise and I think that you will see reviews from them as well. We had some CC gatherings and a group scavenger hunt and it was all a lot of fun!

Feel free to ask questions!!

Cannot wait for your review and please elaborate on the food. With no seafood restaurant and no sushi bar (to my dismay) were there long lines at deli and Hong Kong Noodle Co? Did you see any sushi on the ship besides at the specialty restaurant? thanks:)

Cannot wait for your review and please elaborate on the food. With no seafood restaurant and no sushi bar (to my dismay) were there long lines at deli and Hong Kong Noodle Co? Did you see any sushi on the ship besides at the specialty restaurant? thanks:)

When you mention the specialty restaurant in your post I am thinking that you mean the special, additional fee restaurants. If so, there is NOT one of these on the Triumph.

I believe that there was Sushi every time I walked by the Hong King Noodle but I never got on the line and ate there. I did notice that sometimes this line was long but many times it looked just as managable as any other line. I just did not eat on the Lido Deck very much on this past trip at all.

There was Sushi at least one night as an appetizer on the dinner menu in the main dinning rooms. I don't know about lunch.

Sorry I can't help you more in this area! I was on a strange eating schedule this past cruise!

When you mention the specialty restaurant in your post I am thinking that you mean the special, additional fee restaurants. If so, there is NOT one of these on the Triumph.

Sorry I can't help you more in this area! I was on a strange eating schedule this past cruise!

Thanks Liza - WOW, first I find out no sushi bar..then a couple days ago I find out there is not a seafood restaurant..and now today you tell me there is no specialty restaurant. Now wondering if I chose the wrong ship??????

I know dinner will be eaten in dining room almost every night, but was looking forward to other choices..oh well....I will survive and undoubtably have a wonderful time without my sushi bar and without my fried blue point oysters!!:(

When are you posting your review??

Thanks Liza - WOW, first I find out no sushi bar..then a couple days ago I find out there is not a seafood restaurant..and now today you tell me there is no specialty restaurant. Now wondering if I chose the wrong ship??????

I know dinner will be eaten in dining room almost every night, but was looking forward to other choices..oh well....I will survive and undoubtably have a wonderful time without my sushi bar and without my fried blue point oysters!!:(

When are you posting your review??

I am sure that you will have a great time! There is PLENTY of food and PLENTY of choices of things to eat! There is a thread that had a link to the menus and I will try and find that and post it here. There were definetly seafood choices to be had!

I had dinner in the Main dining Room every night. I LOVE that! The SOuth Beach had a slew of choices and options. You will not go hungry on this ship :D

I am planning on writing my review this weekend.

Archived