Cave Tubing - Island Marketing or Major Tom

CMJFamily

After reading through this forum, we have narrowed the choices for cave tubing to Major Tom or Island Marketing (belizeexcursions). They both seem reputable, have similar pricing, go to the Sibun River etc. Any preferences? Our biggest concern is to not spend too much time waiting around (which seems to be a problem for some of the excursions)

Thanks!

After reading through this forum, we have narrowed the choices for cave tubing to Major Tom or Island Marketing (belizeexcursions). They both seem reputable, have similar pricing, go to the Sibun River etc. Any preferences? Our biggest concern is to not spend too much time waiting around (which seems to be a problem for some of the excursions)

Thanks!

We did Major Tom, and were on one of the first tenders. We ended up waiting around for 30 - 45 minutes for two sets of extended families to arrive. Once we got on the bus the trip was an absolute blast, but the waiting sucked. I talked to people with other vendors and they had similar experiences.

Do your best to be patient early on, no matter who you book with you may end up waiting. Any of the vendors could put you in a waiting situation, the only way to reduce the wait is to contact the vendor and arrange a truly private day just for your group. Expect to pay extra.

• 2 weeks later...

We went with Dennis from Explore Belize Caves. We were the first ones to arrive at the meeting spot. Another couple arrived and there were 3-4 more we were waiting for. Dennis arranged for one of his tour guides to take us before the others arrived so we wouldn't have to wait.

I don't know if those people ever made it but we had a great time. The tour guide even pulled over for me on the way back so I could get a picture of a cashew tree. :)

Archived