Silly postcard question

hazelgreen

Not really a big deal at all, but just wondering if a dozen postcards that I dropped off at Carnival Victory guest services 3 weeks ago will ever show up.

We were really excited to visit St Lucia so I bought the St Lucia stamps from guest services on the ship, slapped them on my dozen postcards and gave them to the guest services staff member, as she had her hand out for them after I'd stamped them. The US/non-US mailboxes were right there, but whatever. I trusted the postcards would get sent out as this was early morning on our St Lucia port day.

well on Thursday of this week, it will be 3 weeks with no sign of any postcards. Like I said, NOT a big deal but I've never had any postcards take this long from anywhere. We have a Peace Corps friend in Madagascar and even her correspondence only takes a month to arrive.

so just curious if anyone knows about this issue.

We did two cruises on the "Liberty". 1st time we left postcards at a shop near the port in Ocho Rios and all but one arrived. The second time we posted the cards in Miami airport with well over the correct amount of postage as I could only get $1 stamps and none of the cards have arrived 15 months later!

My DS sent himself a postcard from "Hell" in Grand Cayman last October and as an avid collector has been lamenting its arrival ever since. Thanks to a wonderful Freedom passenger for sending him one to replace it.

We used the mail drop on the Paradise in 2009 in Key West and one of our friends called us 10 months later to say "it sounds like you had a great cruise." Took that long for the postcard to get to him. I am surprised it arrived at all, the card probably had a more exciting vacation than we did!

well I guess 3 weeks isn't very long then. We sent a few from San Juan PR too and they got here within a week. So far I've only heard from my NY friend that received hers yesterday. The other ones went to Texas, Arkansas, and to some of our neighbors here at home. Time will tell....I won't hold my breath :)

Archived