ot--distance from orlando to treasure island??

musicmansmom

after a family reunion at treasure island i want to extend the trip with a few days at orlando and then go on down to cancun ( non cruise ).

can any floridian's :) give me a general mile distance or time between the two june of next year ). i will be on a leisurly schedule so that will help my travel plans between the two im sure. also any suggestions on getting between the two. i am very against renting a car. driving in unfamiliar territory scares me to death. i live in a very small community and if 4 cars are backed up at a traffic light it is a traffic jam.

any help will be of great help.

The drive from Treasure Island to Orlando is about 110 miles. For a leisure trip, give yourself 2 hours to drive it.

If you belong to AAA, go to their website and get up-to-date directions or visit mapquest.

Hope this helps! :)

Diane

Just checking, Mapquest suggests 1hr55m to make the drive, but they allow 22m to get from TI to Tampa and I try and allow 45m for that drive 'cause in the morning it is heavy traffic heading that way from the west side of St. Pete.

Regarding transportation choices.. not a lot. The "Super Shuttle" (they are linked on the Tampa International Airport web site) can get you to/from TI to the Airport but nothing mentioned about ways to get to DW except via private limosine service -- for one person it would be pricey, but if several were spitting the cost might be ok .. can probably find more by web search of Tampa/St. Pete limo service.

Otherwise it's a rental car for sure! (Or Greyhound makes the run, too.)

Dean

All depends on traffic - have made the trip from Orlando to North Redington Beach - just a couple of miles north of Treasure Island in 2 hours and one time we hit 5:00 p.m. traffic in Tampa and took us nearly 3 hours. It's an easy drive on I-4 and then to Clearwater Beach, etc. Not sure of the route numbers from I-4 but there are a couple of different ways to get there.

There arent a lot of easy ways to get there without renting a car (and there will be a LOT more than 4 cars on the road, even at 3am!). ;)

There were busses that ran from the coast to Disney at one time, but not sure if they still do. You can also take Amtrak (bus from St Pete to Tampa and then the train), but they dont offer many choices. Just a straight bus ride on Greyhound might be the best alternative.

thanks to all of you for the help here. i will have to check out the bus, car, train situation and decide what i want to do and is the best thing for me to attempt. thank goodness i have a year to get all of this organized. wow, there is alot of planning here. but it sure is fine :D .

Archived