Horseback riding

no beach in missouri

• 3 weeks later...

While visiting Aruba in early February 2011, my husband and I had a great experience horseback riding with the Gold Mine Ranch. They were quick to respond to emails. Transportation was included to and from the ship, and the owner/driver met us on-time at the gas station just outside the pier gates. The "ranch" is near the water, and the views during the ride along the beach/rock formations were gorgeous! Our guide stopped several times for photos and even took our horses in the water to wade. The guide didn't speak much English, but we had no problems, and he really did a fantastic job! Both my husband and I have some (not a whole lot) of experience riding, and we found our horses to be easy to manage. It seems they have horses for varying riding abilities, though. Helmets are available, but you have to ask for them. During our ride, we saw several other LARGE groups that must have booked through the ship. Our group only had 4 riders (I think the maximum is 10) which gave us personalized service.

Our horseback ride with the Gold Mine Ranch was one of the highlights of our cruise. When we are back in Aruba, we will not hesitate to book with them again!

Paul and Melissa

Archived