Travel Question

We are sailing on the Mariner on the 17th of April. Currently, we are scheduled to fly out the morning of the sailing. After reading the boards, and talking with friends that have cruised, we are thinking about getting out of here the day before.We booked air/sea through t/a. Can anyone tell me if there is a lot of hassle changing travel plans like this?

I think it can still be changed at this late date. There will be a $50 per person fee for what RCCL calls custom air and they will charge you if the new air is more than what you have currently booked with RCCL.

I thought about doing the same thing. We are leaving 4/17 for the Jewel. I called AA and was told it would cost $100 per ticket plus the difference in the price(only 1st class left). It is a busy week for travel in the northeast and all the flights have been booked for quite awhile.

So we will be flying out the day of our cruise. MANY people fly out the same day without problems. Don't worry about it and enjoy your cruise, I'm going to!

Anne

It is usually cheaper to book your own flights instead of doing it through the cruise line. The same goes for travel insurance. As far as going the day before, I can't say enough for the benefits of this. Your will be well rested when it is time to board the ship, plus the added benefit of more time to play with if you have a delayed flight or lost luggage ( both have happened to me and neither is much fun).

Reminds me of a similar situation we faced on our Grandeur of the Seas cruise in '97. After booking air for the day of the cruise (against the advice of DW!!) I started to get cold feet. I called the airline and asked if we could be changed to the previous day. The airline rep told me there would be a $50 change fee, etc. I asked if the fees could be waived and she said only in the case on an emergency, such as a death in the family. I told her there could be a death in the family because if the flight was delayed and we mised this cruise my wife would KILL ME:eek: !!! While laughing hysterically the rep put me on hold for a moment then came on the line and said she could change the flight with NO penalty!!:) Never hurts to ask with humor!:D

Give it try - all they can do is say no!!

Archived