Carnival Conquest room question

Gingee

We just booked a cruise on the Conquest for next May. The better rates are not up yet so we booked a room (6414). We hope to get upgrades later to more in the middle of the ship. Just in case we don't, has anyone ever been in that location? We have been on this ship before but we were more in the middle. Any feedback? Too bumpy, noisy, etc.?

We try and stay away from deck 6 as the Promanade is below and chances are good you will hear some noise. We usually stay in the aft and the lounge below was just to much for me so we've gone up a deck and it's much quieter.

Looks good to me and having a balcony on Upper deck means you're closer to the water. You might occasionally at night hear some karaoke but if you're night owls or party people... it'll never bother you. :o

Your current room is directly above Vincents Bar. There is a band that plays in that lounge late at night. It doesn't run quite as late as the dance club, but it still runs late. It would definitely be a good idea to move from that room. If you're anywhere on deck 6, use the deck plans to find out what is directly below you. On cruisedeckplans dot com, they have a drag-it feature that lets you drag one deck on top of another, lining up the elevators, to easily see what's above or below you. Deck 8 could have trouble spots in some places, with lido deck being right above. Deck 7 is a great deck for this ship.

We were in cabin 6481, which looks as though it is the same grade as your cabin, and we didn't hear any noise from below but the cabin is slightly further along (and on the opposite side of the ship). The balcony is longer than most of that grade and the bed faced the window which was an added bonus. I can see that noise from some of the lounges could be a problem on this deck but a big advantage is that as deck 5 is one you can walk through from one end to the other, we only had to walk down one deck and along to get to where we wanted to go.

Ewww. That is what I was wondering about. Noise. I am a light sleeper. I think what the TA is trying to do is get a low price now and then when past guest prices come out (upgrades), then we can maybe upgrade to a better room for the same price.

Archived