Help Royal Caribbean drink prices in the med

Hi

First time on royal caribbean going on Grandeur of the Seas end of august spanish med.

Can anyone tell me cost of beer/wine/and coke on board as not sure if to get wine package and soda package .

Can you get beer package ?

Looked on net for prices some say $15 a drink others say $5 to $8 .

Is fruit juice 24/7 in windjammer cafe or just lemonade

Have never seen a "beer package" :( with RCI in time we've been cruising (last 4 years).

I usually just buy "pints" (US pints so smaller than UK) which if i remember correctly are about $6.50 including the tip (so about £4) which is expensive but as there's no choice we just factor into the cost of the holiday.

As for the soda package i think its about $2.25 for a can of Coke and the Soda package on out last cruise was about $80 (11 nights) so I think the "breakeven" point was 3 cans a day on average. However the soda package only gives you postmix drinks not cans.

As we were off the ship a lot of the time, we just bought them as required.

No idea about the wine side of things as we're not that cultured ;)

DH was drinking John Smiths on the Navigator last year around the Med and was paying nearly $7 a can , i was ordering a bottle of red wine at dinner and one of the cheaper bottles were around $20 , i had the occasional spirit and that was around $7 but it wasnt measured it was just poured into the glass and it was a '' good '' measure . We payed less on our Caribbean cruise last year , no idea why but i have noticed that Med cruises are more expensive than Caribbean ones , have been pricing them up and realised that it costs less sometimes to sail around the Caribbean , seems strange when theres also a long haul flight included in the price . it cost us almost the same to go to Florida spend 4 nights in a hotel then cruise around the Caribbean on Freedom for a week in a balcony cabin , we were in an oceanview on Navigator same amount of nights i think we payed about £200 more in total for the Caribbean cruise and that included the 4 nights hotel in Orlando .Why on earth does it cost so much more to cruise the Med ? DH thinks it has something to do with port taxes ?

Archived