Roatan beach excursion

bc0508

Looking for some inexpensive ideas for roatan we will be there at end of the month.

We are wanting to go to the beach dont care bout snorkeling or swimming with any animals.

Would like to do some shopping and beach. I would do a paid excursion if it the beach and maybe a meal.

• 2 weeks later...

I did cheap last May in Roatan. The family and I just walked to Mahogany Bay and brought our own water.

When we were hungry we just walked back to the ship, ate and went back.

After the initial crowds the beach was almost deserted for the last 2 or 3 hours there. The beer was about the same price as the ship so I didn't mind that. We only drink a little bit anyway.

In September when we return we may just stay on the ship for the first hour or so, let the crowds burn out, then go out and enjoy the sand and sea. :-)

bc0508, which pier will you be stopping?

If a Carnival owned ship, (including NCL and Princess) you will be in Mahagony Bay as mentioned above. Totally different advice if you will be arriving at Coxen Hole.

Gotta let us know where you will be disembarking to answer your question.;)

The only NCL ship that currently docks at Mahogany Bay is the Spirit. The EPIC and the Pearl dock in Coxen Hole.

Princess, HAL, Carnival dock at Mahogany Bay; NCL (except for the Spirit), Royal Caribbean and Celebrity dock at Coxen Hole.

So, is going to Mahogany Bay free? I have read on the Carnival site that they charge $30.00 for 2 people for beach loungers and an umbrella. There are 4 of us, but my DS's would rather just pay out on the beach on the sand while DH and I would prefer loungers. My one son would never take the chair lift either, due to a disability. So, at least 2 of us would walk. We really just want to go to the beach for the day/ My DH just might go on the zip line by himself, so that would only leave 3 of us. Any info on the cost of Mahogany Bay would be appreciated.

Archived