A few things I found helpful

mamabears

We took a 14 day cruise at the beginning of January. Since I found so many helpful tips here before we left, I thought I'd list a few things I found helpful. Feel free to add on with your own!

1. A bottle of woolite. Every day when we returned back to the ship, I washed out our bathing suits. (keep in mind, this was a 14 day cruise, 7 beach days, otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered)

2. Insulated water bottles. The night before a beach day, I would fill everybody's bottle with ice and water, then put it in the mini-fridge. All I had to do the next morning is pop them in our beach bag and go.

3. Over the door shoe hanger. I know, there's been a lot of talk on here as to whether or not these are really needed. We had 4 people in a cabin for 14 days - it was very useful. Most especially for our kids - they put all kinds of their things in those see-through compartments (camera, brushes, hairbands, undies, bathing suits, socks, sunblock, etc., etc. ) and always knew where there things were.

4. Snacks. I know, we're on a cruise ship- tons of food. But, I needed some snacky things (in sealed, original packaging) to take with us when we went to shore. It was enough to tide them over so we didn't need to buy meals on shore.

5. Pop-up hamper - Popped it up in the closet and the kiddos knew just where to dump their clothes.

6. Books, coloring books and crayons for some down time in the cabin

I always bring pop-up hampers (not just on cruises) for my two sons to use for dirty clothes. They each have one in a different color so they know which one is theirs and when it is time to pack up to go home, I put all of the dirty clothes in plastic bags in their suitcases to keep them seperate from clean clothes that did not get worn.:)

Thanks for the tips. We are planning a cruise for Feb of next year (2012) for hubby and I and this time the kids. We are deciding on how long we want to cruise, and from where -- and these tips will help us plan once we decide where we are going. :)

Archived