Crabbing Adventure in Ketchican

markbuck

:) I believe it is the same tour and we (my mother and I) enjoyed it. It was a covered pontoon boat and they provide the rain gear (it almost always rains in Ketchikan!). There was a short bus ride to the lodge, then we got on the boats. About a 15 min boat ride to where the crab pots were. Along the way we spotted eagles and a black bear and the boat captain obliged by stopping for photos. We spent about 30 mins at the crab pots with information about the dungeness crabs and the industry (they release the crabs at the end of each day). After the boat ride back to the lodge we had an excellent meal consisting of a salad, a vegetable, the crabs, a drink, and dessert. Then it was a short bus ride back to the dock.

It was a very interesting and delicious tour! The company website is http://www.catchcrabs.com/

Enjoy!

Ellen

Has anyone done the George Inlet Lodge Crabbing Adventure in Ketchican that Carnival offers?

Are you looking to do actual crabbing or just to learn about crabbing and having a crab meal?

If you are interested in doing actual crabbing, you can book a charter for as few as 2 people for $120/pp; cheaper if you have 4 people. In this 4-6 hr charter, the captain will do whatever you want to do, fish, crab, sightseeing, etc.

This is the website: truealaskancharters.com. It was recommended to me by Alaskadude. I have booked with them for June 6 already. Let Bruce know Hellen referred you.

I have read some disappointed posters who had thought they would get actual crabbing experience with Crabbing Adventure.

Hope this helps.

Archived