Carnival & Triumph Review 2/26/11

gman0119

Whew, now some text with some photos!

Our next stop was Cozumel. We didn't book a single thing... Just wanted to bum around and shop. Triumph and Ecstasy were next to each other.

CIMG0357.jpg

We took a cab to downtown from the pier. ($7 each way, with a max of 4 people in the taxi, so don't hesitate to double up!) Walking around, you get approached by so very many vendors, but they take "No, not interested" quite well. The hardest vendors are the jewelry stores, but my GF found a way past that. When they would say, "Hey man, got good jewelry for your wife", she would look at them and with a serious face say, "Shhh, I'm just his mistress." Most weren't ready for that and left us alone! Don't forget that trick! LOL

One guy stands very still and looks like a statue, but usually fires his cap gun if you ignore him. He will allow a photo for a tip. I gave him a dollar, and he was happy as could be.

CIMG0350.jpg

We found a place on the back far corner of the square from where you would enter it called Wet Wendy's. Never heard of it, but noticed they had a good crowd. We sat at the bar and just asked what they were about. The bartender started bragging about all the margaritas they have. He said name anything, and he probably had it. We had no idea what to ask for, so he asked if we liked Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. We said yes, and he went to work. This is what we got (Brace yourself)

CIMG0351.jpg

There menu is in pesos, and they had the exchange rate on a chalkboard. We ate lunch there. Each of us got a seafood burrito. It was very good. During the lunch, he gave each of us a shot of tequila. When we were done, the total bill for the huge margarita and the food was $37. I find that very reasonable, and will go back when I go to Cozumel again!

The last sea day was cloudy, and the seas picked up for the first time in the cruise. We took it easy and just bummed around. We had kept all our towel animals, so we took a group shot.

CIMG0436.jpg

I wanted to bring something up before I forget. The 2 ports that we docked at, Roatan and Cozumel. We wanted to get off the boat near the front. We went to Deck 3 on the outside and watched. We noticed at both ports that people started getting off the ship before any announcements were made. When we saw people debarking, we went to Deck 0 and got off with no crowds and no waiting. So when you go, don't even wait. As soon as the boat is tied up, go to Deck 0 and be the first out if you need to be.

I am probably forgetting somethings, so I may post again, but please feel free to leave questions, comments, or requests. I'll do what I can to give you the truth!

Can't wait for my next cruise to somewhere!!!!!

HI! We are going on the triumph is 2 day!!! cant wait. I have a tendering question. Can one person stand in line for the whole group or does everyone have to get their own tendering ticket? If carnvial exercisons get to get off first, is it even worth waiting in line if you are doing a private exercusion? What what time did you make it to land? Thanks!

Tiffany

Holy cow!!! That's me! Now you gotta reveal who you are! I've been there 27 years, so I've met a bunch! LOL

If you want, I can email you photos. You can reach me at cruizinat50 at gmail dot com

I will send you an e-mail!!! I worked there 18 years and my husband 16 years!!!

HI! We are going on the triumph is 2 day!!! cant wait. I have a tendering question. Can one person stand in line for the whole group or does everyone have to get their own tendering ticket? If carnvial exercisons get to get off first, is it even worth waiting in line if you are doing a private exercusion? What what time did you make it to land? Thanks!

Tiffany

I'm not sure about that... I got one for myself, and girlfriend, who was sitting a ways away. It would probably depend on the number you ask for. They peel the self adhesive number off and stick it on your finger for you so that you can put it where you want.

Getting the number 1, we got to the port at about 8:45. It was still enough time that our private excursion was not rushed. It was still laid back. Most of the tours have a deadline on what the latest is that they will start, so you may want to get with them and see what that time is.

It is a pain, the way Carnival is doing it, but it is NOT impossible to have an excursion without them! LOL

Now that I have the photo problem solved, I just have to share more!!! Enjoy, and keep the questions coming!

From our balcony before we left port of NO

CIMG0177.jpg

Lido Deck from near the big screen

CIMG0184.jpg

Naaa, I haven't drank a thing...

CIMG0166.jpg

Acting silly while being a gentleman carrying GF's intertube!

CIMG0282.jpg

Gman119, thanks for the review. We are sailing on our 9th cruise with CCL, but our first on the Triumph and first time out of NOLA, in July, for my birthday. And now I’m even more excited….as if that were possible. I’ve been reading that the T. is going in dry dock in Oct., before she goes to Galveston. I’ve been a little worried that they might let some things slide when it comes to keeping her up before then. Doesn’t sound like it though. And all we’ve heard about sailing out of NOLA is good stuff. We’re driving in from Houston to Lafayette the night before and then into NOLA the morning of our cruise. Thanks again, I’ve enjoyed all your info.

That is cruise I miss the Triumph I just two time sailed on the Triumph when over the triumph I'm so sad.

What your love island?

Let's see, I've been to Roatan, Grand Cayman, Jamacia, Bahamas (not on a cruise), and Cozumel for islands. I think if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Cozumel. Even though you have to deal with vendors, I just love the atmosphere, and have talked to many people who vacation on Cozumel, and talk about the laid back attitude when the boats are gone in the evening. When we went to Wet Wendy's, we met a couple who were on their 25th trip to Cozumel, and never on a cruise ship. They talked about the evening fun and safety of Cozumel over other Mexican areas like Cancun, and said that they never considered another place. I think I have to agree with that. If you visit or live on Cozumel, you can blend in even if you speak no Spanish, and don't know much. They have the patience to teach you! LOL

Gman119……I just saw your pictures…….Thanks, now I’m really ready to set sail. And I’ve got that, “It’s 5 O’clock somewhere” shirt. :D

That shirt reminded me of a friend that texts me that so many times... Glad you have one and I am now jealous... LOL

Let's see, I've been to Roatan, Grand Cayman, Jamacia, Bahamas (not on a cruise), and Cozumel for islands. I think if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Cozumel. Even though you have to deal with vendors, I just love the atmosphere, and have talked to many people who vacation on Cozumel, and talk about the laid back attitude when the boats are gone in the evening. When we went to Wet Wendy's, we met a couple who were on their 25th trip to Cozumel, and never on a cruise ship. They talked about the evening fun and safety of Cozumel over other Mexican areas like Cancun, and said that they never considered another place. I think I have to agree with that. If you visit or live on Cozumel, you can blend in even if you speak no Spanish, and don't know much. They have the patience to teach you! LOL

That sound great;)

If I'm sailing on the conquest be may again Cozumel I'm owns I just can live on ship. If people can be live in an ship? I think my love cozumel look be beautiful light blue. Did you see many shp in Cozumel? I did last year in thanksgiving week I met the ecstasy new balconies and anything from dry dock after she in bit for nola them moved to FLA the elation will be moved Nola the carnival ship leaves for AL will happen.

Thanks question.

That sound great;)

If I'm sailing on the conquest be may again Cozumel I'm owns I just can live on ship. If people can be live in an ship? I think my love cozumel look be beautiful light blue. Did you see many shp in Cozumel? I did last year in thanksgiving week I met the ecstasy new balconies and anything from dry dock after she in bit for nola them moved to FLA the elation will be moved Nola the carnival ship leaves for AL will happen.

Thanks question.

There were 5 ships in port in Cozumel while we were there. Belize had 2, and Roatan 2.

Today is one week and one day since we have been back, and I tell you what. I'm still thinking about that cruise and smiling like there is no tomorrow!

I hope all that have a booking really enjoy themselves as much as we did!!!

CIMG0244.jpg

CIMG0287.jpg

Archived