Legend Cabin Choice

tarheelmjfan

We (my DH, DS(19) & I) are looking into our first Carnival cruise. I've been researching cabin numbers on here, but I'm still not sure which is better. The Legend cabins I'm considering are 6279, 7301, 7302, 7351, 8277, 8275, plus there's more AFT balconies on the 4th, 5th, & 6th decks. I'm guessing there's no difference in the AFT balconies on each deck only the deck would make a difference. Which would you choose? Thanks in advance for your help.

Not deck 8. Personally I'm a light sleeper and found it annoying that every day starting around 4:30AM or so, you could hear the deck chairs being moved around on the lido deck above to be cleaned.

I recommend one of the decks that has rooms above and below you to help muffle sounds.

just came off the Legend this past Sunday, and the deck 8 aft cabins do get some deck chair noise (8275/77 were ours). Truth be told the engine vibration was far more of an issue than the deck chairs moving. I was concerned about the noise because we had children travelling with us, but with the new serenity deck above us it wasn't that bad. One thing I was suprised by, thought I shouldn't have been, was the ammount of soot that collected on the chairs and table on the balcony. Not sure how that effects the decks under 8, but it was there, CCL to their credit power washed the deck twice during the week, but a sign or placard warning that soot may be present might have been nice....

Best cabin on The Legend...in fact the BEST cabin we have ever had on any cruise...Check it out the balcony is unbelieveable and more space in the room because of the shape.

Will cruise The Legend again just to have this cabin....

Best cabin on The Legend...in fact the BEST cabin we have ever had on any cruise...Check it out the balcony is unbelieveable and more space in the room because of the shape.

Will cruise The Legend again just to have this cabin....

8234, 7258 ans 6234 (holds 4) are the best balconies on the ship. Even better then the premium balconies or the aft balconies

Thanks for the suggestions all. :) I'm looking at a July cruise, so I have to work with what's available. Of the Premium Balcony Staterooms & the AFT Balcony Staterooms, which are better? Thanks again

It depends on what you like. Since you are sailing in July, I'd be surprised if any of the premium balconies are still available. Those sell out quickly since they are sooo big. Aft balconies can also be hard to snag since lots of people love them. I'm trying my first aft balcony on the Legend in less than two weeks!

Try to get your room on a deck that has rooms above and below you to help minimize any noises. That's my best suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestions all. :) I'm looking at a July cruise, so I have to work with what's available. Of the Premium Balcony Staterooms & the AFT Balcony Staterooms, which are better? Thanks again

one of the most sought after balconies:

2866416900082395217OVBpat_th.jpg

an aft balcony:

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

Thanks, it looks like the Premium balconies are now gone, but there's still AFT balconies available. We may book one of those.
you might not be able to see these online- (what you see online is NOT all that is available. You need to call an agent to see if one is ready??

just came off the Legend this past Sunday, and the deck 8 aft cabins do get some deck chair noise (8275/77 were ours). Truth be told the engine vibration was far more of an issue than the deck chairs moving. I was concerned about the noise because we had children travelling with us, but with the new serenity deck above us it wasn't that bad. One thing I was suprised by, thought I shouldn't have been, was the ammount of soot that collected on the chairs and table on the balcony. Not sure how that effects the decks under 8, but it was there, CCL to their credit power washed the deck twice during the week, but a sign or placard warning that soot may be present might have been nice....

This is warned in that big binder book thing that is in the room, most people dont even open this.

Thanks again for the help. We booked 7301 on Legend. I'll keep reading to see, if we want to keep it. Maybe, I'll have my DH call back to inquire about the others listed. They told my DH we could change up until final payment is due. Now, to decide for sure on early or late seating & all those other hard questions. ;) I'll be doing a lot of reading. It's been a couple years since we've cruised, & as I said earlier, never on CCL.

Hello, I was on the Legend last July and had an aft balcony (4241). I LOVED IT! There is nothing better than sitting on the balcony and watching the beautiful colors of blue in the wake. I was a little nervous to book the 4th floor because the MDR is directly below, but the only noise we heard was when the waiters performed each night during the early dinner service (we had late seating), but if the tv was on we didn't even hear it. Also, I recommend the 4th floor for the aft cabins because they are the most private ;) There is an overhang that extends much further over the fourth deck than all of the rest.

Archived