Can You Check a Hanging Bag?

Larry'sLady

My SIL has decided that she needs some of her clothes in a hanging bag and would like to check it along with her suitcase. Can she do this? I have searched this forum and cannot find an answer. Thanks in advance. Don't want her to have to lug it around if she can't check it. We cruise in 5 days. WooHoo.

My SIL has decided that she needs some of her clothes in a hanging bag and would like to check it along with her suitcase. Can she do this?

Sure she can. It will be folded over and crushed just like every other suitcase.

Just an FYI for her...when I first started cruising I bought a garment bag for my formal stuff. It usually arrived off the hangers at the bottom of the bag! Now I just carefully roll my formal stuff and put it in a suitcase at the last minute. Easier and it arrives in better shape!

But if she wants to bring the bag...yes, she can check it!

Ann

My SIL has decided that she needs some of her clothes in a hanging bag and would like to check it along with her suitcase. Can she do this? I have searched this forum and cannot find an answer. Thanks in advance. Don't want her to have to lug it around if she can't check it. We cruise in 5 days. WooHoo.

Larry'sLady,

We check one on every flight. Interestingly enough, it has held up much better than all of our other luggage. :rolleyes:

I think it depends on what type. If it's not very sturdy it probably won't stand up to being checked - or at least the items in it will need to be repressed, sort of negating the reason for the garment bag. But if it's the sturdy kind, no problem checking it.

For example something similiar to this is going to be fine,

X-4dpt5GAE9Q01rHpl092KVn4wuAG5_Zx4Ty_fWgPYiRAF7jWPeFezY7Zsy4jQkSJZzud04JtXgfyvri3g_rCoA57mGvxmH928DUHQzA9eUUYWeI84ES0P6XB_2LsSNlaie-n9lqqA

While if you are thinking about something similiar to this, then I either wouldn't check it or would just pack the items in your suitcase

41WfZ-oFwKL._SX385_.jpg

Archived