Cruising in Oct....HELP!

hlb76

Heather, If you do decide on the Inspiration out of Tampa and need a pre-cruise hotel, do check out the Holiday Inn Rocky Point. We stayed there before our Oct cruise and had a very good experience and the price was right. We paid $99 for the cruise pkg for a king room but others on our roll call that had 2 queen beds paid only $84. The pkg includes, pick up from the airport, there is a courtesy phone in baggage claim, a shuttle to the port and back to the airport or hotel after the cruise, ( a lot of hotels do not provide the return service so this saved $25 which is what cab fare would be), a free hot breakfast and free shuttle service anywhere within a 4 mile radius of the hotel. This was convenient to pick up last minute items. The hotel is on the water and has a great view of Tampa Bay, the rooms were clean and they had a very nice pool area. There was a Bahama Breeze restaurant adjacent to the hotel. If you like to pre pay as much as possible before hand, The Bahama Breeze is a Darden Restaurant and accepts gift cards from Red Lobster and Olive Garden as well as the Bahama Breeze gift card.

The hotel will hold your reservation without a credit card up to 2 weeks before arrival. If you decide on Tampa, make you reservation as early as possible as the cruise pkg hotels fill up fast. I know that we reserved our room last April for our Oct cruise and got a really good rate. I called the hotel directly.

What ever you decide, good luck to you. :)

Heather, If you do decide on the Inspiration out of Tampa and need a pre-cruise hotel, do check out the Holiday Inn Rocky Point. We stayed there before our Oct cruise and had a very good experience and the price was right. We paid $99 for the cruise pkg for a king room but others on our roll call that had 2 queen beds paid only $84. The pkg includes, pick up from the airport, there is a courtesy phone in baggage claim, a shuttle to the port and back to the airport or hotel after the cruise, ( a lot of hotels do not provide the return service so this saved $25 which is what cab fare would be), a free hot breakfast and free shuttle service anywhere within a 4 mile radius of the hotel. This was convenient to pick up last minute items. The hotel is on the water and has a great view of Tampa Bay, the rooms were clean and they had a very nice pool area. There was a Bahama Breeze restaurant adjacent to the hotel. If you like to pre pay as much as possible before hand, The Bahama Breeze is a Darden Restaurant and accepts gift cards from Red Lobster and Olive Garden as well as the Bahama Breeze gift card.

The hotel will hold your reservation without a credit card up to 2 weeks before arrival. If you decide on Tampa, make you reservation as early as possible as the cruise pkg hotels fill up fast. I know that we reserved our room last April for our Oct cruise and got a really good rate. I called the hotel directly.

What ever you decide, good luck to you. :)

Thanks so much for the info!!! I'm not sure if we would fly in same day or not. In Oct I feel a wee bit better about same day flights.

If we drive we will for sure need a place.

You might add the Triumph out of New Orleans to your list or Elation out of Mobile.

We really have to stick to specific dates due to work/school. I will check again to see if those ships will work for us!

Archived