Shore excursions in Eastern Mediterranean

Perthjo

We are first time cruisers taking the 11 night Eastern Med trip on the Equinox departing Rome on Sept 19th 2011. Has anyone done the shore excursions on this trip and could you please let me know which ones you thought were a must do? thanks.

We are first time cruisers taking the 11 night Eastern Med trip on the Equinox departing Rome on Sept 19th 2011. Has anyone done the shore excursions on this trip and could you please let me know which ones you thought were a must do? thanks.

Do not know your intinerary but if you will be in Athens may I suggest :George the Famous Taxi Driver"-google him. We (DH,DFs & I) used him in June 2009. Probably one the best drivers we have had. Drivers are not guides but he knows so much and has such a love for his country that we had more history, sites and overall feeling of Athens & surroundings . His English is perfect (lived in US for 20+yrs). Can't say enought about him- his sons are also in the business.

Naples- Drive Amalfi

Do your research. What do you like to do (museums,historical sites, beaches etc) How much$ pp do you want to spend.- Check the cruise line offering for a general price point. Do you want to tour on your own or with another couple or would you be more comfortable on a coach with 40+ people.

Also some ports you can really do on your own.Take a deep breath & enjoy.

Carole

If you haven't already signed up then I suggest you join the roll call for your cruise.

There are multiple pages of comments about shore excursions from fellow travellers on your particular cruise there, lots of excellent info! :)

Also if you haven't seen them there are multiple threads about various ports of call where each port is discussed in depth with many excellent recommendations.

Hope that helps :)

Do not know your intinerary but if you will be in Athens may I suggest :George the Famous Taxi Driver"-google him. We (DH,DFs & I) used him in June 2009. Probably one the best drivers we have had. Drivers are not guides but he knows so much and has such a love for his country that we had more history, sites and overall feeling of Athens & surroundings . His English is perfect (lived in US for 20+yrs). Can't say enought about him- his sons are also in the business.

Naples- Drive Amalfi

Do your research. What do you like to do (museums,historical sites, beaches etc) How much$ pp do you want to spend.- Check the cruise line offering for a general price point. Do you want to tour on your own or with another couple or would you be more comfortable on a coach with 40+ people.

Also some ports you can really do on your own.Take a deep breath & enjoy.

Carole

Thanks so much Carole. This is a great help.

If you haven't already signed up then I suggest you join the roll call for your cruise.

There are multiple pages of comments about shore excursions from fellow travellers on your particular cruise there, lots of excellent info! :)

Also if you haven't seen them there are multiple threads about various ports of call where each port is discussed in depth with many excellent recommendations.

Hope that helps :)

Thank you, this is a great help.

Archived