Cartagena on a Sunday?

We will arrive on a Sunday in October on the LOS. Are we out of luck or will anything be open? What would you suggest as the best options for our time there (11am-7pm). Thank you for your assist and any information you can share with us.

Tried this on the Spain ports of call but guess no one reads or checks those? Hoping someone will be able to answer my questions. Thanks again.

Cartagena is located in Colombia, South America not Spain. Try Colombia on the Ports of Call board and I think you will find information.

LOL, I assure you there is a Catagena in Spain since it will be one of our stops on the Liberty TA.;)

Cartagena is located in Colombia, South America not Spain. Try Colombia on the Ports of Call board and I think you will find information.

Actually there is a Cartagena, Spain as well (located between Barcelona & Malaga, Spain).

Seatravelers: We were there last October aboard the Navigator. We were there on a Tuesday, so sorry can't help w/ the Sunday issue. ;) Will say our Sunday stop was in Toulon, France.....certainly was not much happening there. :(

There are Cartagenas in both Colombia and Spain. Have been to both on cruises.

There are Cartagenas in both Colombia and Spain. Have been to both on cruises.

Thanks to all who enlightened me. I kind of figured there probably was a Cartagena, Spain, but did not realize that it was a port of call for Royal Caribbean. Oh, the things you learn on Cruise Critic !!!!

As a veteran of 31 years in law enforcement, it's difficult for me to comprehend why cruise lines resumed stopping at this port. Despite the efforts of what government there is, the cocaine cartels remain firmly in control, and outbreaks of violence are common. Be prepared to see militia armed to the teeth in port. Safety issues notwithstanding, I find it offensive that the port charges are going toward perpetuating the "industry."

Please don't confuse these remarks with anything of a political nature. Personally, I'm in favor of legalizing the stuff, thus taking away the profit motive (not unlike the repeal of prohibition) ... not to mention the reduction in crime (hey ... anything to make my colleagues' jobs easier; I retired in '07). It wouldn't make much difference what day the ship docked in Cartagena ... I'd stay aboard.

As a veteran of 31 years in law enforcement, it's difficult for me to comprehend why cruise lines resumed stopping at this port. Despite the efforts of what government there is, the cocaine cartels remain firmly in control, and outbreaks of violence are common. Be prepared to see militia armed to the teeth in port. Safety issues notwithstanding, I find it offensive that the port charges are going toward perpetuating the "industry."

Please don't confuse these remarks with anything of a political nature. Personally, I'm in favor of legalizing the stuff, thus taking away the profit motive (not unlike the repeal of prohibition) ... not to mention the reduction in crime (hey ... anything to make my colleagues' jobs easier; I retired in '07). It wouldn't make much difference what day the ship docked in Cartagena ... I'd stay aboard.

I was referring to Cartagena, SPAIN not Columbia but thanks for the input.

Archived