Nassau 7am-1pm - Atlantis

NewHere

Was looking forwward to dropping a ton of money (!!!) and spending the day in the pools, slides, etc. Just realized we baord at 1 PM

Is there really enough time to do anything-how far from the dock is Atlantis?

Was looking forwward to dropping a ton of money (!!!) and spending the day in the pools, slides, etc. Just realized we baord at 1 PM

The atlantis is a 10-15 minute cab ride from the port exit. It's located on Paradise Island, across the bridge from downtown nassau and the port.

Pools open at 9am. The aquapark, including slides, don't open until 10am. Since you would have to leave around noon to get back to your ship on time, I doubt 2 hours at the park would be worth the effort or the $$.

We are doing the same thing and in port for the same times. We've gone back and forth a few times on the best way to do it, but we are sure we want to go to Atlantis to see the aquarium and do the waterpark. We've decided to book a room at Comfort Suites. That way we can leave the ship as soon as it docks and the doors open (as opposed to doing the ship's excursion - they don't meet and leave until 8am and you never know how long it will take for them to get everyone on the shuttle and over there). We're going to check into the Comfort Suites around 7:30-8am, then walk over to Atlantis and just walk around for an hour until we can get our waterpark passes. Then we'll look at the aquarium from 9-10 and hit the waterpark from 10-12. At 12 we will head back to the ship to ensure we get there by 12:30.

We are doing the same thing and in port for the same times. We've gone back and forth a few times on the best way to do it, but we are sure we want to go to Atlantis to see the aquarium and do the waterpark. We've decided to book a room at Comfort Suites. That way we can leave the ship as soon as it docks and the doors open (as opposed to doing the ship's excursion - they don't meet and leave until 8am and you never know how long it will take for them to get everyone on the shuttle and over there). We're going to check into the Comfort Suites around 7:30-8am, then walk over to Atlantis and just walk around for an hour until we can get our waterpark passes. Then we'll look at the aquarium from 9-10 and hit the waterpark from 10-12. At 12 we will head back to the ship to ensure we get there by 12:30.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. We have never been to the Bahamas before but we already know that Atlantis is a must do for us. Just was wondering what the cost difference is? Thanks for any info.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. We have never been to the Bahamas before but we already know that Atlantis is a must do for us. Just was wondering what the cost difference is? Thanks for any info.

Here are the costs that I calculated:

$152 per person through the cruise ship (transportation included). 8am departure, unsure return time (they don't tell you until they give you the tickets on board).

$142 per person for a room at Comfort Suites. This is using a AAA discount and includes all taxes and all fees. Figure an extra $8 per person for round trip taxi costs puts it at $150 per person total. However, we can leave the cruise ship at our own time and return at our own time.

$130 per person for tickets through Majestic. They provide transportation, but the times don't work so we would again have to pay $8 per person for round trip taxi costs. Totals $138 per person. However, it states that tickets cannot be picked up until 9:30am at the Royal Towers. Because of this, we are leaning more towards Comfort Suites.

Comfort Suites seems the most flexible in terms of doing our own thing.

dotcomgirl,Thanks for all of the info! When I figured out how much it was going to cost for just 4 hours, I started to rethink the Atlantis as not so much a"must do" anymore. I'll have to look into the Comfort Suites option. It will be hard to go to the Bahamas with a 13 yr. old and not do the waterpark. Seeing as I already told her we HAVE to do the waterpark. My fault.

No problem! Just make sure that when you look at the Comfort Suites room price, you factor in the $5 per person housekeeping charge and the $12.95 per person energy charge. They will show you a total with taxes added in as well as a $12.95 per person occupancy charge. It states all this on their site.

We realize it's a lot to spend for such a short amount of time, but we really really want to see Atlantis and I really want to do the waterpark. We also expect to be rushing around all day and expect to feel slightly stressed out trying to squeeze it all in, but we figure we can relax all rest of the day on the ship after 12:30pm.

Just wanted to give you a heads up on the water slides since you only have 2 hours. We just returned from our first trip to Atlantis and had from 10 - 4 (and barely got it all in) You may want to avoid the 'Leap of Faith". The line remained long the entire time. It was about a 30 to 45 wait. The other slides weren't that long. 'The Current" can take up to 45 min to an hour to complete, depending on where you get into the lazy river part of it. You wouldn't know this when you enter. You enter then go through some rapids, then through a "wave pool" type part of the slide that pushes you through by waves, then up a conveyor belt in your tube that brings you to more rapids. Then if you go to the right, you go up another long, tall coneyor belt then wait in line in your tube (your are up high and can't get out at this point), then down a very cool water slide that actually shoots you up the slide. We had no idea it would take this long to complete "The Current" but all (kids through adults) agreed that it was the best thing at Atlantis.

We loved Atlantis but weren't expecting it to be so spread out. You need to print a map beforehand and study it well so that you will have a good plan to attack.

Archived