San diego wine stores

Serendipity333

Does anyone know if there is anywhere between Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina and the Pier we can shop for wine and champagne. We get in very late the night before our cruise and won't have much time before boarding. Looks like we will be taking a taxi from hotel to pier. Would like to shop some place that has reasonable prices ;) either before we leave the hotel area, on the way or when we get to pier area. Thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to post the link. However, I was hoping someone who has cruised out of San Diego may be able to give me a store name in the vicinity of where I originally posted. I don't know San Diego at all and won't have the time or wheels to get around town. Although I use a computer all the time (and for many years) Google maps and I just don't seem to get along - must be a past life issue - ha ha

THERE ARE NO NEARBY STORES...YOU ON A PENINSULA WITH JUST HOTELS

SEE THE MAP>>

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=SHERATON+MARINA&fb=1&gl=us&hq=SHERATON+MARINA&hnear=San+Diego,+CA&cid=0,0,5132392141199342825&ei=n8h7TdbZKYHyrAHi6YjkCw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CDMQnwIwAQ

TAKE A CAB TO THE STORES MENTIONED ABOVE OR JUST GO TO LOCAL HAPPY HOURS...

Thanks for taking the time to post the link. However, I was hoping someone who has cruised out of San Diego may be able to give me a store name in the vicinity of where I originally posted. I don't know San Diego at all and won't have the time or wheels to get around town. Although I use a computer all the time (and for many years) Google maps and I just don't seem to get along - must be a past life issue - ha ha

You know Winemanhvisalia, all I wanted was the info you gave about no nearby stores and being on a peninsula - so thank you for that.

We drop off our luggage at the pier and walk to the Rite Aid on the corner of Ash and Kettner. It is about a 10 minute walk at most-just a few blocks. They have a pretty decent selection of wine. We bring our rolling luggage cart and just wheel the wine and soda back to the ship.

Have a great cruise!:)

We drop off our luggage at the pier and walk to the Rite Aid on the corner of Ash and Kettner. It is about a 10 minute walk at most-just a few blocks. They have a pretty decent selection of wine. We bring our rolling luggage cart and just wheel the wine and soda back to the ship.

Have a great cruise!:)

Thank you so much. :o Great idea to take the rolling luggage cart and figured there had to be something within walking distance. Only our 3rd cruise having cruised out of Long Beach and Vancouver on NCL before. Looking forward to experiencing a different embarkation port and cruise company. I am sure we would have figured something out once we got there but also knew there had to be some folks out there that had done it themselves, thereby saving us time we won't have. Always think it is a wise person who seeks assistance from others about things they don't know themselves. ;)

Archived