Shore excursions with infant on NCL

Megnolia

We'll be doing a Western Caribbean with our then 11-month old on Norwegian next fall. Has anyone here taken a baby on the NCL excursions? I'm curious if we'll be required to pay the full child rate, or if infants would travel free on some excursions. I want to do Xcaret on our Cozumel stop, for example (which is on the mainland, so I couldn't do it on a private tour). The NCL child's rate is listed as $59, but the park itself doesn't charge any entry fee for children under 5, so I would have a hard time paying that much for transportation only.

I will telephone the shore excursion department, but first, I'm just interested in your experiences, as I know there are lots of you who've likely done this before :)

We sailed last year on NCL w/ a 14 month old and had asked about the excursions. Generally, they do not charge for kids under 2 as long as it is an excursion that does not have age restrictions. Where in doubt though, you can always ask a booking agent if reserving in advance or at the excursions desk onboard if you want to be certain.

We booked the blue lagoon dolphin encounter with DS2 in January, and the literature on line clearly said kids 3 and under were free. I reserved the tour by phone with NCL, they verified this but issued him a ticket to make sure there was room on the transportation to/from the island. They then told me to have the charge reversed once on board.

Well, that's when the fun began. The shore excursion staff on board denied DS2 was free, even though I had a hand written note of my conversation with the shore excursion call centre. Fortunately I found the information backing up my claim in one of their pamphlets. If I had known, I would have printed off the page on line and had it with me to back up my claim.

So yes, often infants and toddlers are free, but make sure you have some sort of proof before you go.

We sailed last year on NCL w/ a 14 month old and had asked about the excursions. Generally, they do not charge for kids under 2 as long as it is an excursion that does not have age restrictions. Where in doubt though, you can always ask a booking agent if reserving in advance or at the excursions desk onboard if you want to be certain.

Archived