Dolphin Discovery: Adventure vs Royal Swim

bsbcgirl

Can anyone who has had experience with either of these two different programs at Chankanaab Park offer their advice and suggestions on which one to book. We are two couples (50-55 years old). Also, can you describe exactly what the program was like? Did you feel a little nervous? Our husbands are comfortable with this, but we (the wives) are a little apprehensive. Thank you.

My husband, son (then 10) and I did the royal swim at Chankanaab 2 years ago and loved it! We were not nervous but there were people in our group who were and the trainers are wonderful and the dolphins are so sweet and gentle they were soon completely at ease. I believe that swimming with dolphins is such a special experience and potentially a once in a lifetime which is why we decided to go with royal over adventure. The main difference is that royal does a dorsal tow and a foot push but it looks like all the rest is the same. You will love it whichever you decide to do! Have fun! :D

We have done the adventure program @ Dolphin Discovery and were very impressed with our experience.

They get everyone accustomed to being in the water with the dolphin(s) while you stand on a platform under water (maybe waist-deep?). Everyone gets a turn to pet, kiss, etc. the dolphins from the platform. Then each person has the opportunity to swim out to the middle of the "pool" and wait for the dolphin to come up for your belly ride. Just looked at the website and they are not showing the ride we had where the dolphin comes up behind your feet and pushes you through the water while you hold onto a kickboard. Don't know if they dropped that particular additional "ride" that was part of our Swim Adventure program??

Don't forget to factor in the cost of photos and/or DVD to your experience! They really were GOOD and made a great way to remember the once-in-a-lifetime adventure. I've heard people bargain the price down, but I didn't attempt... ;-)

Archived