Underground tour of colosseum

luv2getaway

We will be in Rome in May and have been watching to see if the underground tour of the Colosseum will be reopened. I just found a website that stated that they will be reopening on March 15th but I can't seem to find any information for booking. Does anyone know if this is true or if there have been any announcements?

We were there in Feb and the tour guide said the director would make a decision soon, but it was dependant on the weather. She said it was very wet down there from the rain, and so it was a case of monitoring how quick it was drying.

I too have been monitoring the colosseum underground tours situation. Received this e-mail from tickitaly just today:

Colosseum dungeon and upper level tours to restart from March 14th 2011.

Finally some news from Rome, and we're delighted to announce that the incredibly popular guided tours of the Colosseum dungeons and the 'terzo anello' will be available as of Monday the 14th of March, with guided tours (in English) every day at 09.40, 12.20, 13.00, 15.00 and 16.20 hours.

These timings are only valid until the end of June, and we're only able, for now, to take bookings up to and including the 30th of June. Doubtless more news to follow on availability from July onwards.

We'll be posting some guaranteed availability dates ASAP (hopefully within a few days), but for now we can accept orders for your date of choice on a 'request' basis - we'll let you know pretty quickly whether we've managed to fulfill your order or not.

The page for requesting a tour is at http://tickitaly.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a147c15744b6be4ef3a3301cd&id=a3817185fc&e=c00e060ce8

Regards, tickitaly.com

Just FYI, tickitaly charges 32.50 euros per person. Pierreci.it charges 21.50 euros per person, but you have to call Italy and pay by phone with a Visa or Mastercard. They do speak English. The automated message comes in Italian first and then in English.

I booked two tickets for an English tour for March 31. I did get my confirmation number, but I have not received anything by e-mail. If anyone else books with them, can you please let me know if you receive an e-mail from them? I know, I should have asked if I would receive anything while I had them on the phone.

Archived