Cruising on Thanksgiving?

cdamion

I am the person that will try to cruise during off-times to minimize costs, crowds, and kids. This time I am looking to take the kids along without pulling them out of school.

How is it to cruise Thanksgiving week? Does Carnival do anything special in the dining room on Thanksgiving, or is it just a regular cruise with lots of families that week?

It is just a normal cruise with lots of families and kids.

There will be a turkey in the main dining room. It wasn't like any turkey I would cook for Thanksgiving.

We were in Cozumel on Thanksgiving. It seemed like just another day in port.

What I enjoyed about my thanksgiving cruise is that the crew was envolved with putting up Christmas decorations. Every morning we would wake up and noticed a christmas tree or some other decoration displayed that wasn't there the prvious day. Other then that they changed the menu around and served turkey on Thursday.

We are cruising for Thanksgiving this year...me, my mom and my brother with his family.....I expect the ship to be filled with more families than I am used to (I'm also an off-season/school year cruiser)...

My moms biggest concern is....'Will they be serving turkey on Thanksgiving?' ....yes, mom...I'm sure they will be serving turkey for Thanksgiving...lol

My biggest concern....will we be able to get a day room at the Hilton in Nassau?? We will be there on Saturday after Thanksgiving....I'm thinking the chances are pretty slim....as they will probably be full at that time....I sent an email a few weeks ago and no reply....

I am the person that will try to cruise during off-times to minimize costs, crowds, and kids. This time I am looking to take the kids along without pulling them out of school.

How is it to cruise Thanksgiving week? Does Carnival do anything special in the dining room on Thanksgiving, or is it just a regular cruise with lots of families that week?

Agree with what most have said, typical cruise, families, kids. However, you can bet that airfare, which is already high, will be even higher around that time. Something to consider if you are traveling by air....

Agree with what most have said, typical cruise, families, kids. However, you can bet that airfare, which is already high, will be even higher around that time. Something to consider if you are traveling by air....

I thought we would be doomed with high airfare, but immediately after I booked our cabin, I checked the airfare and it was unbelievably low (for Thanksgiving)...so we grabbed it!!! So, if you're thinking about it.....book now!!

Archived