Tips on cruising the Miracle to the South?

Counsel

Hello All,

Just got off the Liberty on March 6th, and thinking about next year. We are looking at the Southern Caribbean (Grand Turk, La Romana, Aruba and Curacao) on 2/14/12. Anyone done this? Price is kinda high...

My questions:

1. Being a smaller ship than what I am used to, how rough is the Southern Caribbean?

2. How did you like the itinerary?

3. Would you do it again?

Thanks,

Bruce

I will be on the Miracle 3 weeks from today. Looking forward to it.

I have been to all those ports you mentioned, on two other ships. Loved it. We never had rough seas. I would do it again in a minute. That is a great itinerary. I recommend renting a golf cart to explore Grand Turk. Rent a jeep to explore Aruba. Both very safe & easy to get around. La Ramona stick to a ship excursion (I usually never say that), but not a safe place. Sounds like a great one to book.

Go!!! We sailed this itinerary in November last year and we loved it! We did get re-routed due to Tropical Storm Thomas, but we made all of our ports, in reverse order. I get sea-sick, so the storm had me pretty worried. I had the prescription patch from my doctor and the seas didn't bother me at all. I love the Miracle, and the size of the boat. We would sail this itinerary again, in a heart-beat!

I agree with the above poster, rent golf carts in Grand Turk. We did that while we were there and it was our favorite day of the cruise. We are actually taking our kids to GT this coming November and they can't wait to explore the island on the carts!

Happy cruising!

We did this cruise Thanksgiving week last year...

Hello All,

Just got off the Liberty on March 6th, and thinking about next year. We are looking at the Southern Caribbean (Grand Turk, La Romana, Aruba and Curacao) on 2/14/12. Anyone done this? Price is kinda high...

My questions:

1. Being a smaller ship than what I am used to, how rough is the Southern Caribbean?

I tend to like larger ships myself, and this was my first time in the S. Caribbean. It was the roughest seas I have ever had. Didn't interfere with my enjoyment; however, I did sway from side to side a lot (as did others we spoke to), and didn't trust myself on the stairs that often (we typically don't use the elevators).

2. How did you like the itinerary?

It was enjoyable. All new ports. We did have to skip Grand Turk because of the waters, which was fine with us. We enjoyed going to a little artist village in La Romana, just roamed around the city in Aruba, and actually rented a car in Curacao.

3. Would you do it again?

I like doing different itineraries, so I probably wouldn't do this one again soon. We would do Aruba on a land vacation, but the other ports were not a "must go back" place

Thanks,

Bruce

Archived