Brilliance, Dubai and children

marie1971

We are doing our first cruise next February half term and have two children aged 12 and 10. There doesnt seem to be many children on this route can anybody tell me any different?

This route will generally be rather boring for children other than Dubai. Not much to see and do unless they are REALLY interested in history. Souks and mosques-not enough time in most ports to get away from the cities, out into the country where the bedouins and wild camels are (things which may interest kids).

If it was my trip with kids that age, I would just spend the time in Dubai and forget the cruise.

It's an easy drive from Dubai to Abu Dhabi or Fujairah if you want to go there. There are lots of over the top things for kids to enjoy in Dubai. But Oman and Bahrain??? I have spent quite a bit of time in the Middle East and Middle Eastern parents take THEIR kids to Dubai.

Unless your kids are quiet, introspective scholarly type kids, I think they will be very bored.

We did this cruise last year and agree with greatam. Its a wonderful cruise and we want to do it again maybe next year. But it wouldn't be that good fro children .As the op has said the ports aren't really child friendly unless they are really into culture and history!

• 3 weeks later...

We did this cruise at half term in February 2010 - my son who was 12 at the time really had a wonderful time. He made lots of friends on board, he enjoyed the ports we did a bit of culture in Oman (Visited mosque, palace and souk), a bit of shopping in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, a bit of adventure (dune bashing in Dubai and snorkeling from Fujairah).

We had a lovely family holiday - good times together as a family, and also time as a couple when he enjoyed the club on the Brilliance with new friends.

• 3 months later...

Archived