Celebrity's Transfer from Port Everglade to Miami Int Airport

LionCat

We are first time cruisers from Italy. On disembarkation day, we have to go to Miami Int Airport for flight back to Italy leaving 4.10pm.

We are only 2 people, my husband and I. I would like to know if Celebrity has direct transfer from ship to Miami airport. Can we book on board? How much does it cost?

From Celebrity's website, I only find Shore Excursions which are for guests with international flights leaving MIA after 5pm or domestic flights leaving after 4pm. Anyone use these excursions (ends at MIA) before?? What time do they arrive at MIA? Should we take the excursion if our international flight leaves at 4.10pm?

I have considered other means of transportation. With SAS, we can't use them because they require minimum of 6 passengers per booking. For car rent, we are not comfortable driving in foreign country. Driving in USA for the first time would be too stressful for us. We decide not to drive.

The possible option for us is to take a Taxi from Port Everglade to MIA. I know it would cost $90-$100, but it's ok for us. However, recently I've read that with 8 ships in port on disembarkation day. It could take more than 1 hour standing in the hot sun waiting to get Taxi. This situation doesn't seem nice. This is why we have to take Celebrity's transfer into consideration again.

Thank you!

Last year I booked a tour that was to go to sawgrass mills then drop off at Miami airport however it eas cancelled because they didn't get enough people. So I just booked the transfer to the airport. It wasn't too expensive but you could only book it whilst on board. Don't worry, as soon as you get on board go to the excursion desk and book the transfer.

We went from Miami port to FLL airport (opposite from what you are doing) in January. We used Celebrity transfers, booked on board for about $60 for both of us. Had to wait on the bus for nearly 3 hours and arrived on time at the airport.

Call Celebrity directly if you wish to book ahead of time (or get your TA to do it).

Thank you very much for prompt replies!

It's such a relief for us to know that we can book Celebrity's direct transfer on board. This is the best choice. Any price below $80 is good for us. I don't mind waiting long in an air-conditioned bus. Also, no hassle for waiting in long queue to get the taxi.

We bought vouchers for the shuttlebus onboard the Constellation. $29 per person.

We got of the ship by 8.20 am, it took us about 30 minutes to get our suitcases and get through customs. The bus was outside the terminal. We had to wait about 40 minutes to get every passenger in it and then it went to Miami Airport, a quick ride of about 45 minutes. The driver loads the bus (in and out).

A very convenient way to get of the ship and to the airport.

You also might check into ridesas.com. I'm just a very impatient person and waiting for 40 min let alone 3 HOURS for everyone to get on the bus is not my cup of tea. This is a shuttle company which is significantly less than a cab. It's been highly recommended on the CC boards.

Archived