Bar Coupon/Beer Question....

RMS95

Just got off the phone with Bon Voyage Dept. Confirmed that 16oz Bud Light is $5.75 on ship. The Bar Credit Coupon is good for $5.75. They could not verify if this would be an even swap on the ship or would we have to pay gratuity as well. Does anybody know??

Also, they didnt know the price of a bucket of beer. I was thinking it was a little cheaper than buying individually. Can anyone confirm price on the buckets??

Thanks!!

Just got off the phone with Bon Voyage Dept. Confirmed that 16oz Bud Light is $5.75 on ship. The Bar Credit Coupon is good for $5.75. They could not verify if this would be an even swap on the ship or would we have to pay gratuity as well. Does anybody know??

Also, they didnt know the price of a bucket of beer. I was thinking it was a little cheaper than buying individually. Can anyone confirm price on the buckets??

Thanks!!

The price includes the gratuity, so one coupon= one beer. you save 50 cents per beer on a bucket, so $2 total.

My thoughts on purchasing beer thru Bon Voyage vs. a Bucket on the ship:

By purchasing it thru Bon Voyage, you save the 15% gratuity. That's it. No discount for a 6 pack, 12 pack, whatever. It is served warm. Your room steward will ice it up for you or you can get a bucket of ice from one of the bars.

By purchasing a bucket of beer on the ship, you save $2.00 per bucket, or 50 cents each (4 in a bucket). You do pay the 15% gratuity. It is served cold in a bucket of ice.

There is a very small price difference purchasing it thru BV or a bucket. We always purchase buckets of beer on the ship, and take them to our room or anywhere else on the ship. That way, don't have to wait for them to get cold, and there is very little cost difference.

My friends and I had bought the coupons also and you receive 1 $5.75 drink per coupon. Wheather you leave a tip is up to you.

Dan

Archived