Summitt Stateroom Location Question

pmts

Has anyone stayed in one of the ocean view staterooms all the way forward. My brother is considering stateroom 6001 which has a view over the bow of the ship. It appears from the ship's deck plan, that the room may be larger and configured differently than other ocean view staterooms. We're wondering about the view and the cabin layout. We've booked a veranda stateroom on the same deck, so they can come join us on the veranda.

Thanks for the information.

Search Celebrity board for Cabin 6001. I know I have seen threads on cabins in front of ship. I can tell you that these cabins experience the most motion of any location on the ship. You feel like the ship is constantly "lunging into the waves". Someone mentioned that during rough seas they could hear the waves breaking over the bow of the ship.

From previous post on adjoining cabin 6003.

...this June in the Med. We got it on a pier upgrade (paid) from an inside. This is a nicely sized and configured cabin compared to an inside. (In fact, I think those forward outsides are comparable in size to the interiors of the balconies on that deck.) Being able to get some light from the window was nice. The cabin was not too far a walk from an elevator, and that far forward area of the ship was mostly quiet, trafficked only by "residents."

The downsides of that cabin are that the window opens up onto a crew deck, so you don't have any privacy when the window shade is up; your cabin is adjacent to a crew stairwell and a heavy, metal door that the crew uses to access that stairwell, so you might suffer some related noise; and there was a huge crew party on the crew deck the last night of our cruise--the music & usual party noise kept us awake into the wee hours (we did complain--hopefully, that was an isolated incident?).

The issue I usually associate with far forward cabins is ship movement in moderate or greater waters. Fortunately, our cruise was smooth throughout, and the Millie seemed to provide a fairly stable ride. I don't know what waters or season you will be on the ship, but you might want to pay close attention to that issue if you are bothered by sea sickness.

Enjoy your Millie cruise!

Archived