Empress Of the North Rumer

wah1957

Just read this on another site........Has any one heard if the Empress of the North may have been sold to Asian group as a Gambling boat?....... If this is true it would seem MARAD could be doing its part to help out with Asia's unemployment problems as its doutful even 1 Amerian job will be created......And meanwhile MARAD guaranteed the 55 million in loans it took to build the Empress of the North back in 2003......Since both companies that owned her returened her to MARAD due to loan default....The US taxpayer may have just got wacked again .....Thank you President Obama (he appointed the MARAD Admistator)..........I hope this is all not true and the Empress of the North will sail again with an American crew to American ports like Alaska & the Columbia river.

Can any one shed light on the Empess of the North sale?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wah1957: when I saw you sailed on the Yarmouth Castleit gave me deja vous. I too sailed on her, one week before the deadly fire. What was your sailing date?

Haven't thought about the YC in years!

Archived