Is there any way to change a room that's been assigned? (Booked a guarantee)

Kay129

Hi all,

Let me preface my question by saying, yes, I know you run a risk booking a guarantee. I will be happy anywhere on the ship, I am a first time cruiser, and I'm just excited to be there!

I booked a 6A gty through an online TA (I had the option to select a room for the same price, I chose the luck of the draw :rolleyes: ) Using the book modify method, I was able to find my room last week, M258 on the Sensation. It's a 6B.

Also attempted to send myself some flowers and it worked.

I just read a review where the member had my exact room and it sounded terrible. Lots of vibration and distraction while trying to sleep, etc. I do not want to be in that room. I will go down to a 6A or select another 6B room. Do you think I can email my TA and this will be a possibility? My cruise is the 18th of April, not for another six weeks.

Anyone had experience before with this? Yes I have learned my lesson, and no, I will not book a guarantee again, but I'm really intrested in some advice that might apply to my situation.

K

I just had that happen on our 1-23-05 cruise. I found out by the book/modify method before I had my final docs what our cabin # was. I called my TA and asked if they ever will move someone on request when you booked a GUAR. We were traveling with another couple who did not get the same category cabin as us, and we knew we would probably be on different floors, but we were opposite ends and sides of the ship. I asked if we could get a more universal location so we could meet up on a certain elevator bank. We booked a balcony guar. and were first given an 8B. I said we would go to an 8A just to get a more joint local to the other cabin. My TA called and explained and they moved us to an 8C with a common elevator bank for us to meet up with each other. So all you can do is ask. :)

Carnival started a new "rule" in September... that they would "assign" cabins 6-8 weeks out and once assigned there were to be NO changes. It really is the risk you run... you can ask and see what they say, that's about it. I'm not in the cabin enough for the cabin location to matter to me. I don't mind walking (too much food on the ship, LOL), so it's not an issue to me, which is why I always book a guarantee...

Problem is, you have used a "backdoor method" to find your cabin and your TA and Carnival are likely to tell you that your cabin has NOT been assigned...

I will be happy anywhere on the ship

or is it

I do not want to be in that room

Make up your mind. :p

In all seriousity, if you attempt to give up the assignment and go back into the unassigned pool, you might could end up with something worse than what you already have. For example, a 6A directly below your current assignment, one deck closer to the source of the vibrations that you seem to be concerned about. Do you feel lucky today?

Imagine all the people that book guarantee and are not happy- what could happen if carnival will start changing the cabins around.

Just because some stated they had a horrible time in their cabin will not necessarily be what happens your week. Each person has their own take for their cruise.

Example--some had cabin 6440 on the Victory-- absolutly hated it. thought there wasnt enough room to unpack. the Vibrations, the noise and on and on.. scared the living bejeebers out of me. We went- had the times of our lives. Didnt have any of the stuff the posters stated. Not even noise from the lounge under us.

Like the person stated--you wont be in your cabin all that much anyways

I wouldn't worry about it. Some people just complain about anything and everything. I really don't think there's a bad cabin on a ship. I like the adventure! You never know what or where you will be. So far I've been happy with all my gty cabins. Hope this cruise will be the same. I'm pretty sure we have cabin 7309 on the Legend my docs tell me that! LOL Even tough everyone would like an upgrade to a window or balcony I'm happy with the cabin we have been assigned.

Go with a great attitude and you will come back with a great review on the cabin. Don't let one persons review make you think negative , not a good way to start out.

I will be looking for your review when you return and see what your thoughts are of this cabin, if you get that cabin.

Archived