ocho rios w/ 5 year olds

gizmo13

Hi, I am taking my 4 kids (ages 12--14) by myself on a cruise this year to Mexico, Ochos Rios and Grand Cayman. I have found the easiest excursions to please all (and keep my sanity) are the beach parties. The kids can swim, snorkle, eat whenever they like and there are plenty of life guards. We are doing this in Cozumel and Ochos Rios. For Ochos Rios, I am also taking them on the Dunns River Falls tour. I did this myself a few years ago, and it is pretty easy and so much fun! You will have amazing pictures. Good luck, I am sure you will have an amazing trip!

Several years ago we took kids ages 3,4 5 & 5 on a cruise that ported in Ocho Rios.

We did a tour that had river tubing a little sight seeing and Dunn's river falls. The kids all loved the tubing and wanted to go again. They didn't really enjoy the sightseeing, but found the bus to be fun.

The adults climbed the falls but the kids played at the beach while we (grandparents) watched them, since we had climbed the falls before.

I second the idea of a nice beach day with kids as well. We recently took 7 grandkids on a cruise with the Jamaica port being Montego Bay. We took them to a beach and they had a grand day just playing in the sand and water--they didn't need anything else. They were ages 5-11 on this cruise.

Archived