Valor dinner questions

SunnyinDC

I'm cruising on the Valor in just two short weeks (yipeeeeee!) and have a couple questions that I'm hoping you kind folks can help me with:

1) We're waitlisted for early dinner (I've got two grade-school-aged kids who would be very tired waiting for late dinner) -- has anyone else ever been waitlisted? Did you ever get your requested time? Does going to the Maitre D' just after boarding help??? Any other tips???

2) When are the more formal dinner nights?

3) When is a good night to go to the steak house?

Many many thanks!!

Sunny

If you do get a late dining time see the Maitre D' after boarding. They might be able to switch you the first night but usually by the second....You might also be able to do the anytime dining thing.

Any night on a cruise is a good night to go to the Steakhouse that works into your plans...Are you planning to take the kids? If they will get antsy waiting for late dining they might get the same way in the Steakhouse....Dinner is usually 2 plus hours....Lots of sitting time for a kid at the dinner table....Just a thought.

We're cruising on Valor next Sunday. We're planning on the Steak House the day we're in Grand Cayman since we're back on the ship early enough to get ready and go.

I will keep her in good shape for you :D

If you can get anytime dining, try that with the kids. We have two (11 & 5) and it worked out perfectly. We could go early enough and then they were able to get to their kids activities while we enjoyed our evening.

We sailed in November and elegant night was Monday (the first day at sea).

We ate in the steakhouse on Thursday after Belize. We let the kids eat with Camp Carnival that night and enjoyed a beautiful dinner (though you may not want to eat the whole day).

Have fun!

Thanks everybody! This is why I love this forum -- such helpful answers quickly!!

@Jessemon -- thanks for the input, I hadn't realized that it took so long; we'll do the steakhouse on a night when the kids are busy at CampCarnival!

@Cattie -- thanks for keeping the boat in good shape for us!! LOL! Can't wait to hear about your cruise! Bon Voyage!!

Archived