Sunset Jamaica Grande - Ocho Rios

hw1965

We port out this Saturday for Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. There are 5 of us girls going and we can not agree on an excursion but we found the Sunset jamaica Grande Resort day pass and are very excited about it. I emailed them last night and got a response already this morning with my questions answered.

Has anyone gotten the day pass and how is it? Any info would be much appreciated. Thank You!!

We port out this Saturday for Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. There are 5 of us girls going and we can not agree on an excursion but we found the Sunset jamaica Grande Resort day pass and are very excited about it. I emailed them last night and got a response already this morning with my questions answered.

Has anyone gotten the day pass and how is it? Any info would be much appreciated. Thank You!!

We booked it through Jamaica For A Day for our cruise in early May. Please come back on and let us know how you liked it.

Here is what I said in a post last September about SJG:

We did Sunset Grande about 3 weeks ago on FOS. I would not do it again. Although the beach is nice the place is really a dump. Less than 10 umbrellas on a long beach. Food was awful. Altough water sports are good there, it's a lot of money for what you get. Service is not good either. Staff was rude and unfriendly but for a few exceptions.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is what I said in a post last September about SJG:

We did Sunset Grande about 3 weeks ago on FOS. I would not do it again. Although the beach is nice the place is really a dump. Less than 10 umbrellas on a long beach. Food was awful. Altough water sports are good there, it's a lot of money for what you get. Service is not good either. Staff was rude and unfriendly but for a few exceptions.

I agree. I did an excursion through Royal Caribbean to Sunset Grande last year and thought the place was horrible.

For those looking for an AI who don't have children with them, last month we went to the Jewel hotel. It was amazing and was cheaper than the Sunset Jamaica Grand. It used to be Sandals Dunns River Falls and is now an independent hotel. We had to get there on our own but it wasn't far and cost $30 return for both of us. I wrote a thread about it as soon as we got back. Check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Did the daypass on April 7, 2011 with my GF and her two teenage kids. We loved it! 2 beautiful clean beaches. The staff we dealt with were great. Kids loved snorkeling off the beach north of the waterslides. Waterslides were a blast BTW (One that dumps into the fresh pool and one that flows saltwater. There are at least 5 different pools. Would definitely go back. I'll be posting pics on Flickr soon.

Did the daypass on April 7, 2011 with my GF and her two teenage kids. We loved it! 2 beautiful clean beaches. The staff we dealt with were great. Kids loved snorkeling off the beach north of the waterslides. Waterslides were a blast BTW (One that dumps into the fresh pool and one that flows saltwater. There are at least 5 different pools. Would definitely go back. I'll be posting pics on Flickr soon.

Thanks for posting!!! I will be going there in about 2 weeks!!! Please post a link to your pictures, I would love to see them!

Thanks for posting!!! I will be going there in about 2 weeks!!! Please post a link to your pictures, I would love to see them!

I'll try and get some up this weekend. You're on the same cruise we did. I posted a pic in the "photo Gallery" section (Carnival Ships) of the Freedom docked in Ocho Rios...Taken from the Sunset Grande.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=19975

I'll try and get some up this weekend. You're on the same cruise we did. I posted a pic in the "photo Gallery" section (Carnival Ships) of the Freedom docked in Ocho Rios...Taken from the Sunset Grande.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=19975

Great Picture!! What a beautiful ship!!!! Look forward to checking out the rest of your pics!!

So, did you enjoy your cruise? any good, bad or ugly pointers you can give us?

What did you do in Key West and Grand Cayman? Did you dock at the Outer Mole in KW and if so, how did it work with the free trolleys to bring you into town?

any info would be appreciated!!

Thanks again!

Great Picture!! What a beautiful ship!!!! Look forward to checking out the rest of your pics!!

What did you do in Key West and Grand Cayman? Did you dock at the Outer Mole in KW and if so, how did it work with the free trolleys to bring you into town?

Thanks again!

Here is the link to my Flickr pics. So far I've only posted the Sunset Grande Ocho Rio photos. Have many more to post of the ship, Key West, and Grand Cayman.

We had a blast. The ship was wonderful. Not sure what the Outer Mole is in KW but we were docked very close to the main square. We rented bikes and rode to Fort Zachary State park and to the southern marker. Later we walked Duval street and spent some time at Margaritaville. In Grand Cayman we booked Stingray City through Stingraysailing and finished the day at Royal Palms on the seven mile beach.

Here is the link to my Flickr pics. So far I've only posted the Sunset Grande Ocho Rio photos. Have many more to post of the ship, Key West, and Grand Cayman.

We had a blast. The ship was wonderful. Not sure what the Outer Mole is in KW but we were docked very close to the main square. We rented bikes and rode to Fort Zachary State park and to the southern marker. Later we walked Duval street and spent some time at Margaritaville. In Grand Cayman we booked Stingray City through Stingraysailing and finished the day at Royal Palms on the seven mile beach.

Well, you certainly have whetted my appetite DanAnna, thank-you! Now I am more excited than ever to go!! I will keep checking your flickr site for more pics! :D

Well, you certainly have whetted my appetite DanAnna, thank-you! Now I am more excited than ever to go!! I will keep checking your flickr site for more pics! :D

Posted a few more pics to the Flickr site...

Thanks again!

We did this same sailing last June (see link to review in my signature). The review is day by say with lots of photos. In Key West, we did not dock in the outer mole but instead in town right by the art museum.

Enjoy the Freedom. She is a great ship!

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for the beautiful pictures of the Sunset Grand Resort in Ocho Rios. I will be on the Liberty in 3 1/2 weeks and will be going to the Sunset Grand Resort. So few reviews about the resort so I was very excited to hear your view plus see your beautiful photos. Now I am even more excited about going!! SO THANKS AGAIN!! ;)

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for the beautiful pictures of the Sunset Grand Resort in Ocho Rios. I will be on the Liberty in 3 1/2 weeks and will be going to the Sunset Grand Resort. So few reviews about the resort so I was very excited to hear your view plus see your beautiful photos. Now I am even more excited about going!! SO THANKS AGAIN!! ;)

You're welcome! Enjoy your cruise!

Archived