Cozumel & Nachi Cocum on your own

weedris

My cruise doesn't offer this place as an option. If we do this by ourselves does this mean we will board late b/c it is not a 'planned excursion'. We are due to dock in at 9 - for those of you that have done similar what time have you been able to get off the ship.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

:confused:

You will get off the ship easily in Cozumel as it is not a tender port. There is a time difference too, so if you dock at 9AM it will only be 8AM in Cozumel. Nachi Cocum is booked privatly through Island Marketing. The ship tours do not go there, and they only allow 100 people a day. It is $49pp for the day, and the food is amazing and drinks never ending!! We love Nachi, and have been there 4 times, the only place we spend our day in Cozumel now. When you get off the ship, you just walk through the shop area and go to where all the cabs are. Just tell them you want a cab to Nachi Cocum, and they will take you. There is no set time, you can come and go as you wish at Nachi. We usually shop in town in the morning, then grab a cab to Nachi for the remainder of the day. We head back to the ship about 45 min to an hour before sail.

We will be in Cozumel from 1pm to 10pm and just wondering if it would be worth going to Nachi with that time frame in mind? At first I thought no, but I think it will only be 12 noon with the time difference and if we can get off the ship easily this might be OK. How long does it take to get there?

We will be in Cozumel from 1pm to 10pm and just wondering if it would be worth going to Nachi with that time frame in mind? At first I thought no, but I think it will only be 12 noon with the time difference and if we can get off the ship easily this might be OK. How long does it take to get there?

In case you didn't know, Nachi closes at 5pm local time.

It takes about 15-20 mins. to get there.

I will be Cozumel in February on Mariner of the Seas. Since we have a 3 year-old we are limited to excursions. We are considering a snorkeling excursion or spending the day at the beach snorkeling independently. I know there are all-inclusive packages available as well, but I would prefer to be able to eat lunch on the ship to save money.

Does anyone have recommendations for a nice beach near the port where you can possibly snorkel?

Thanks,

Beth

Archived